Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Have you ever been thrown out or banned from a public place? Why?

Have you ever been thrown out or banned from a public place? Why?

I was at the nightclub. They played "the Twist", I twisted. They played "the Stroll", I  strolled. They played "Come On Eileen", I got thrown out.

Posted - September 7, 2019

Responses

I got thrown out of The Nutbush a few times during my early 30's when drink had just gotten the best of me.

The Nutbush was a men's gay bar and I was one of the few straight women allowed in there.  So, I had to be on my best behavior when I entered.  What a joke.  How can you tell a paying alcoholic to be on her best behavior in a BAR????

I'm much better now. I have not drank in about 4 decades and that is partly due to the memories of me in the Nutbush.  

Sigh.  I was banned there about 3 times and then they would get tired of my friends telling them to let me back in.  So they would always give up.  And let me.  I was not rowdy as a rule, I don't even remember what I did to upset everyone. I think it had something to do with me and a certain bouncer who everyone hated.  It's hard to recall.  I was never belligerent or rowdy like someone who wanted to fight. NO. I was always doing something outrageous.  That was my modus operandi when I drank too much.  I would probably fall asleep in the middle of the dance floor or something.  
      September 8, 2019 12:13 AM MDT

A few times.. one time i'd been on a booze binge for a few days so maybe I was suffering a bit of brain damage or something. I was at a stripper bar and I thought it might be ok for me to get naked like the stripper so I stood up at my table and started getting undressed.  The waitress came over and told me I MUST LEAVE! Everybody was staring at me. I got dressed quickly and left.
      September 8, 2019 1:05 AM MDT

My better half and I were at a karaoke gig that just happened to be in a bar staffed by topless staff.
    I did "Real Wild Child", and since it's actually impossible to do an Iggy Pop song with a shirt on, I got my man boobs out.
    No, I DIDN'T get thrown out.
      January 12, 2023 2:18 AM MST

For once, I get the joke.

;)
      September 8, 2019 4:27 AM MDT

No, I haven't, but there are places I will never ever go back to.  
      September 8, 2019 4:48 AM MDT

Good answer.
    :)

I can relate.
      September 8, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

• Yes. 
    I've been suspended from answerMug.  Does that count? 
    When I get in a snit it ain't pretty.  What can I say...Gays and their drama.
      September 8, 2019 6:17 AM MDT

Maybe it's in our jeans.

And genes, too.
    :)

Image result for gay man drama

September 8, 2019 11:34 AM MDT