Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think emotions cannot be controlled. Can thoughts?

I think emotions cannot be controlled. Can thoughts?

Posted - September 8, 2019

Responses

Yes, if thinking about personally non-emotional matters - day-to-day practicalities and problem-solving, academic or philosophical matters, and the like.

If the subject arouses strong emotions then it's harder to control ones' thoughts about it, or to think objectively and analytically.  

September 8, 2019 2:52 AM MDT

So you have purposefully tried to change your thoughts and succeeded simply by wanting to do so? For me it occurs organically. By that I mean trying to do it or deciding to do it never works for me. Coming around to it does. I do sometimes think I'd like to be less caring about say the chump..be more detached about his existence. But then he does another horrendous despicable reprehensible evil something and once again I'm in the throes of my deepest ill will and dark thoughts toward him and I think we need a miracle to rid ourselves of his evil and hope for a Deus ex Machina to arrive and save us since we clearly are incapable of saving ourselves. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Durdle and Happy Sunday! :)
      September 8, 2019 5:10 AM MDT