Active Now

Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » At what point in your life did you not have any f^&ks to give?

At what point in your life did you not have any f^&ks to give?

Posted - September 8, 2019

Responses

I call them:

1.  Epiphanies
    2.  Reaching Bottom
    3.  Surrendering
    4.  Depression

I have experienced all four and more that end in that result.  Fatigue at the end of the day, even.  

So, I experience it even now and not that infrequently.  
      September 8, 2019 3:11 PM MDT

I did not do ANYTHING, not one thing, but show up to do good in this world and help others.  
      September 8, 2019 3:38 PM MDT

When I was about 8.
      September 8, 2019 4:51 PM MDT

I don't think I've ever been at that point.

I guess I have plenty of f^&ks then.
    :)
      September 8, 2019 7:51 PM MDT

I guess I always had at least one F left to give.  Still, I was beside myself.  I looked at the other self sitting next to me and said, "Self, You are a pitiful sight." 
    My other self looked up at me with abysmal sorrow and, while holding back a tear, and said, "Yeah."  Then he stared back at the ground. 
    So I (that being myself) said, "To make yourself feel better, why don't you do something nice for yourself." 
    His  (my other self's) expression lightened.  "Like what?" he said.
    "Like find a better job, one that you can do for fun AND profit; like find another girlfriend that you actually love, that's not so mean; like put yourself through school.  Not ready for that yet?  How about making yourself a nice {fill in favorite recipe here}.  Give up a bad habit?  Take a nap? Listen to music?  Whatever it takes.
    You see, I've always had one F left to give.  Otherwise I wouldn't have done any of those things  Then I found that Fs beget Fs.  That is, you do yourself a favor once and you think, "Hey, I'm a pretty nice guy, to myself.  I think I'll do myself ANOTHER favor."  And so it goes until you have as many Fs as Welby, and apparently, that's a lot. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at September 9, 2019 6:31 AM MDT
      September 8, 2019 8:39 PM MDT

When I look at F set-up how you describe them, I realize I've been pretty low at times. And have also approached it sort of like you have described here. And it does help me, to sort of go at it like you describe.

I woke up sort of scared, creepy today.

But onward I go.

:)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 9, 2019 6:03 AM MDT
      September 9, 2019 6:02 AM MDT

• Oh I always have plenty to give.  I just tell a lot of people I don't. 
      September 9, 2019 6:31 AM MDT