Discussion » Statements » The Dink issssss Baaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaack!

The Dink issssss Baaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Posted - September 9, 2019

Responses

• We queers love our big entrances. 
    I just left so that I could come back again and say "Ta-Da!"

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 9, 2019 7:19 PM MDT
      September 9, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

LMAO
      September 9, 2019 5:58 PM MDT

•   September 9, 2019 6:03 PM MDT

Someone's asking for a long, wet Baptism
      September 9, 2019 6:10 PM MDT

•   September 9, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

What a sports camera that must have been!
    Beautiful shot! :)

September 9, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

Full-Frame, High-speed. Absolutely beautiful, Yes... 
    The lighting is exquisite 
      September 9, 2019 7:58 PM MDT

(I remember some of the audience's audible reactions to this moment in that movie when I saw this movie in a big theater; watching the entire movie that night remains one of my favorite movie-watching experiences)

:)

September 9, 2019 7:22 PM MDT

• Lucky you!  I saw the crummy remake they did a few years back in the theatre and all you could hear then were some yawns of boredom.

The original is still a classic.
      September 9, 2019 7:38 PM MDT

And that music!!! Jerry Goldsmith's music score was life-changing for me  - - his music is priceless.

Here's my favorite music part in the movie - - ("The Demise of Mrs. Baylock") -- if you have some minutes, give it a listen -- and DIGGGGGGGGG that demonic whispering the choir starts doing about halfway in the piece! Wow!!

EDIT: about the 1:13 mark is where the whispering begins

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 9, 2019 8:09 PM MDT
      September 9, 2019 7:57 PM MDT

• You and I have talked about this movie and its musical work of genius many times before.  Even today it never fails to deliver.  Love it and I too love the selection you posted. 

Have I ever shared this version of Damien's lullaby with you.  It is the song "The Piper Dreams" from the movie.  In the film it is only instrumental but the soundtrack had a vocal of it performed by Goldsmith's wife. 

Recently it was covered by this odd band named AxxonEn.  Its just weird enough to go onto my playlist.

September 9, 2019 8:12 PM MDT

I wish I'd better remember details better of our conversations.

ooo -- the first seven seconds of this piece is creepy to me! The video makes it even creepier! I love it! (Obviously, that video has nothing to do with the music - - I mean, someone put it together to make it fit with this music! Excellent!0 - -yeah, i only knew of Goldsmith's wife's version.

I LOVE this AxxonEn cover! Thanks for posting it! (now, after listening, I wonder if you may have shared that with me before - - no biggie, either way - - it's all good, loved hearing it and watching)

September 9, 2019 8:19 PM MDT

• You know what's really scary?  A Lauren Daigle video.  Bwahahaha!  Sleep with one eye open and ear plugs.  LOL!
      September 9, 2019 8:23 PM MDT

Ha!
    :0
      September 9, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

Yes!!

A gay bud ands me --- we had walked together to go see the movie - - and walking home in the dark, late, both of us were laughing at ourselves about how scared we were just walking back to our homes in the dark! 

I love the movie.

And, I agree with you --  "It's all for you!" - -  what a scene!
      September 9, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

Which film is it from?
      September 9, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

Director Richard Donner's original "The Omen"

Lee Remick and Gregory Peck are two of the cast members

Great movie!
      September 9, 2019 8:02 PM MDT

• A spooky movie from 1976 I think.  Its "The Omen".  A wonderful work in the classic horror genre.  Its a movie that in the wrong hands could have been a disaster but with a score by Gerry Goldsmith unlike any score I have ever heard before, perfect direction by Richard Donner, and heavyweights like Gregory Peck and Lee Remmick bringing their star power, it is a recipe for a fun scare and movie magic which managed to become a part of cinematic and pop culture history.
      September 9, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

Woops, Tinkle Dink!! I did not see your post here before I posted to bookworm.

Your answer is much better!
      September 9, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

• LOL!  I didn't see yours either.  We are in sync.
      September 9, 2019 8:18 PM MDT

Great minds think . . . 

September 9, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

I too remember seeing this film when it first came out. 
    I was totally engrossed by it. I saw it in a smaller theatre with a full audience. I enjoyed it immensely. I do not believe I heard anyone cast a negative word of it.  
      September 9, 2019 8:02 PM MDT

Nice!

PLOT SPOILER!!! "THE OMEN"!!!!

If you're talking about my mentioning of the audience's audible reactions to that gif scene Tinkle Dink posted -- the audience members' reaction was one of terror. We were all so much into the movie and, finally, at this point in the movie (the end) - - we see little Damian do this - - whew! I heard gasping from people.
      September 9, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

Must have been hard to have him gone for a while.
    I'll be delighted to see him here again too. :D
      September 9, 2019 5:55 PM MDT