Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You don't have to hate those who disagree with you. Do you anyway?

You don't have to hate those who disagree with you. Do you anyway?

Posted - September 10, 2019

Responses

No, I don't hate those who disagree with me. Anyone that hates another for simply disagreeing with them is, in my opinion, adolescent, petty and small-minded.
      September 10, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

I disagree.  And I am adolescent petty et al.  GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!!!
      September 10, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

No wiggle room at all ru? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you! :) I believe chump fits your description of adolescent petty and small-minded. Or do you make an exception for him because he an exceptional person? Just askin'.
      September 11, 2019 2:58 AM MDT

If you believe that my description of adolescent, petty, and small-minded fits President Trump, so be it. That's your choice and right to do so. However, I am wondering how you come to the conclusion that I was making an exception for Trump or any other specific individual in my general, non-specific answer to your general, non-specific question? Just asking. :)
      September 11, 2019 9:57 PM MDT

Oh God no. I hate a lot of people who agree with me.  
      September 10, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Too funny hunny. I'm thinking real hard if that fits me and I can't think of anyone WHO AGREES WITH ME that I would hate. I must be a pushover! Mebbe they're not my favorites or my cuppa tea but seriously. I'm still giggling! Thank you for your reply Sharon! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 11, 2019 3:00 AM MDT
      September 11, 2019 2:59 AM MDT

I hate no one. 
      September 10, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

That's a good thing to be m2c. Unhateful. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      September 11, 2019 3:01 AM MDT

People have a need to plump up their egos by being better than others, or convincing themselves they are. For many nowadays, that's all they have for stimulation in their lives, it's all about chasing the next 'high'. Knee-jerk put downs floated in on half-truth and heresay will open the door, so effortlessly, to hate - and that brings its own special high. It almost seems cruel to disabuse them of the philosophy.   
      September 10, 2019 2:40 PM MDT

I have a theory about that. It's much easier to hate in concert than to be a soloist. Strength in numbers you see. Singularly people aren't so brave or so daring. But together in mobs and crowds at rallies and marches the deep-seated emotion comes spilling out. So the solution would be to forbid gathering together for whatever. See how brave individuals are on their alone. Just my view. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Stemmata and Happy Wednesday! I'm gonna fly that up the flagpole and see who salutes! :)
      September 11, 2019 3:04 AM MDT

I hate liver, kidneys & Centipedes

September 10, 2019 2:47 PM MDT

• Well there goes dinner plans.
    And the centipedes were on special this week.  WHATEVER! 
      September 10, 2019 3:59 PM MDT

Too funnee hunnee! :)
      September 11, 2019 3:10 AM MDT

Isn't kidney pie a British dish? Once upon a time in the long ago in a fancy dancy upscale import store I saw cans of chocolate-covered ants. No joke. There was a segment on a cooking show decades ago that featured a gal who told us how much protein there is in insects/bugs and proceeded to demonstrate dishes that she said were delicious based on insects/bugs. I didn't buy it. HOWEVER when we are talking about liver my mom used to fix the most wondrous calf's liver when my sister and I were kids. No veins in it. No liver taste. It was tender and delicious. She just dredged it in flour it then braise it in butter and served it with chopped onions, parsley and lemon juice. It was AWESOME. I've never made it nor ever eaten it anywhere else. Just wanted to interject that FYI! Thank you for your reply Jon and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 11, 2019 3:09 AM MDT

I love Chocolate covered Ants, Rosy. I have had them and I have also had chocolate covered Grasshoppers.
    Insects have been a food source for millions of years.

It's a shame you didn't buy is because insects are being looked at as an excellent means to help stop world hunger. They are indeed full of proteins and other nutrients. If they are processed into something like a paste, powder or other form of palpable product for cooking I see no reason why it should be ignored. In fact, It came to my attention that there is a company out there which has begun making pet foods (for dogs and cats) out of insect, They are high in protein and chock-full of vitamins. 
    I see no reason not to go this route. There is no shortage of insects in the world. Look at the cockroach infestation in the oval office alone. A family of four could each for a month on that fat fu*k.

Here is some info:
    https://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/what-insect-based-pet-food

September 11, 2019 5:12 PM MDT

If I did that, I would never learn anything.  
      September 10, 2019 6:30 PM MDT

Good point. Learning does not seem to be that important to haters. It gets in the way of the hate. Once you "LEARN" about other people and other things the hate dissipates and they can't chance it. Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply Morning Star and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 11, 2019 3:11 AM MDT