Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » What’s worse than walking into the break room at work and discovering a completely empty box that once held a dozen donuts? ~

What’s worse than walking into the break room at work and discovering a completely empty box that once held a dozen donuts? ~

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

No one here buys donuts for everyone to share.
      September 12, 2019 7:51 AM MDT

When a co-worker goes on a business trip and brings you back some Krispy Kreme doughnuts (not available here) and leaves them on your desk. Unfortunately he doesn't realize you have taken a couple days off. When you come back you find rock-hard, inedible Krispy Kremes on your desk. This really happened to me. ):
      September 12, 2019 8:00 AM MDT

Every place I ever work for, I bring food. I don't know why.

It's an ice-breaker for one.  How do you hate someone who has just fed you?  So, maybe it is a strategy of mine.  I met my match at this place I work for though.  EVERY ONE brings food and there is too much.  So, we don't have that problem.  Last night I threw out cut up fruit that was not finished, (I didn't bring that) and then there was a bag of Haribo Gummy bears, a HUGE bag... and a fridge filled with all sorts of esoteric items like energy drinks and avocados and yes, sandwiches aplenty.

And people steal food here all the time in spite of the bounty.    Be careful, the person working on your body may just be a food-bandit.
      September 12, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

• Do you ever share any "special" cookie or brownies to make the work day much more tolerable?
      September 12, 2019 9:27 AM MDT

Yeah.  No one contributes either.  They expect me to hand it out.  So, I put a stop to that noise.  
      September 13, 2019 1:03 AM MDT

Wait, you said sandwiches. You know that’s all I heard. Someone is throwing them away?  I need names, Share, I need to know their names. Grrrrrrr. 

~

September 12, 2019 6:34 PM MDT

Having a coworker who thinks it's ok to cook fish in the breakroom microwave. :/
      September 12, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

• I did that with salmon patties at a former place of employment a few years ago, and it was 8 30 in the morning no less.  LOL!  I was not popular that day.
      September 12, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

Oh no.  Did they cook some cabbage to go with it?  YUK  (I love cabbage but it stinks while cooking)
      September 12, 2019 11:11 PM MDT

And broccoli.

September 13, 2019 1:01 AM MDT

There are always crumbs left and a few swipes of frosting.  It's like a special treat. 
      September 12, 2019 6:13 PM MDT