Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » History » When was the last time you bought an actual newspaper? Heck, when was the last time you even read one? ~

When was the last time you bought an actual newspaper? Heck, when was the last time you even read one? ~

It’s been at least a year or two for me. 

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

I have the newspaper delivered weekly and I read them every day.  I take the weekday ones to work and read it while having lunch and the others are read at home.
      September 12, 2019 7:50 AM MDT

• It has probably been 10 years since I last had a paper delivered...they were offering a free subscription and a $25 Visa gift card just for taking the free subscription. Cancelled auto renew a month later and never had to pay a cent.  Probably have to go back about 15 years for when I would actually read it with any regularity.  Makes me a bit nostalgic thinking about the comments sections on Sundays and the Sunday sports page during football season when they would break down the football games for the day. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 15, 2019 1:13 PM MDT
      September 12, 2019 8:48 AM MDT

I used to get the Sunday paper when I had time to read it. Such beautiful times... a cup of coffee or two and a leisurely morning spent reading. That was before I had children #2 and #3, so at least 12 years ago. When child #2 came, I converted to having the news on the TV in the background. When child #3 came, I started getting all my news from answerMug and push notifications on my phone. lol 
      September 12, 2019 10:25 AM MDT

Wait, you get your news from AnswerMug?  Gee, that certainly explains a lot . . .

_
      September 12, 2019 6:08 PM MDT

• My parents subscribe to the Sacramento Bee and occasionally I will take a look at it and read an interesting article or two. But I don't generally read newspapers. I read articles online if I feel the need to. 
      September 12, 2019 10:55 AM MDT

Maybe 10yrs. And that was for packing.
      September 12, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

I buy one at Publix or Winn Dixie each Sunday when I go see my mother.  She loves the Sunday paper.   I just subscribed to 7-day home delivery.  
      September 12, 2019 11:08 PM MDT

Yesterday the Wall Street Jouranl, Die Presse &  the International Time Harold.  One has to trust print not the online versions
      September 14, 2019 6:26 PM MDT

This and every morning!!

We have newspapers (2 Languages) delivered at our place every morning by a local vendor.
      September 15, 2019 1:12 PM MDT