Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » History » Do you know of anyone who still receives newspaper delivery at home? If so, is it daily or weekly?

Do you know of anyone who still receives newspaper delivery at home? If so, is it daily or weekly?

~

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

Yes, me.  I get the New York Daily News every day and the New York Times on Sunday.
      September 12, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

Yes, all the elderly people in my condo building get the daily paper.
      September 12, 2019 8:02 AM MDT

I have NEVER paid for a newspaper.   I don't know WHY or HOW but I get the Arizona Republic delivered to my house daily and I don't want it.

I never paid for that rag and I don't read it.  I can't get rid of it. Imagine a newspaper that is so desperate they deliver to you whether you like it or not.  

I don't know how they stay in business.  
      September 12, 2019 8:37 AM MDT

• Don't you at least get the benefit of lining bird cages with it?
      September 12, 2019 8:55 AM MDT

• Some of my older neighbors still receive it daily.  
      September 12, 2019 8:40 AM MDT

I still receive the local paper 6 days a week (mon-sat).  It's my dog's job to bring it in each morning. This post was edited by Shuhak at August 27, 2021 8:24 PM MDT
      September 12, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

• I subscribe to magazines but I have never subscribed to a newspaper.  I wanna know the latest fashion, entertainment, travel and decorating tips.  Things to make life fun and beautiful.  News bores me these days.  It's all just a Trump show.  When I do get my news its from the internet and TV, but mostly these days from Jon.  He's a news Junkie.  Not sure why I love magazines so much but it must be tied into my love for Comic books and traditional books.  I will never prefer a digital book over an organic one.  Newspapers though don't even exist on my radar.
      September 12, 2019 9:05 AM MDT

Yes.  Lots of people around here take the daily paper.  It is delivered around 3am.  I just yesterday mailed a post-card reply to a special to subscribe to 7-day delivery plus the internet version.  I buy a paper on Sunday to take to my mother.  It's $4.75.  The special I subscribed to costs about the same thing.  I'll get six papers a week plus digital/website access  and take the Sunday edition to mum.  Same cost.  Remember I'm in a small town.....it's not a huge newspaper.  
      September 12, 2019 11:07 PM MDT