Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you vape? Why would you want to do that?

Do you vape? Why would you want to do that?

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

Never vaped.  I used to smoke cigarettes, but I gave that up 34 years ago.
      September 12, 2019 9:03 AM MDT

This is getting to be worse than oxycontin.
      September 12, 2019 9:04 AM MDT

Well, the off-brand vapes are filled with some chemical that is stronger than what JUUL is using and that may be part of the problem, but let's face it, anything you inhale other than air (and not even that at times) is harmful.
      September 12, 2019 9:33 AM MDT

• I've read health articles stating that it can cause "popcorn lung".  It ain't pretty.
      September 12, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????
      September 12, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

It is weird. THEY SAY that it has become a really noticeable problem in the last two months.  Then they are trying to interject that it has to do with marijuana.  I think not.  

I think it is SMOKE and tobacco and marijuana are both things that cause smoke.  You heat something up and you inhale that "steam vapor" or whatever you want to call it, it still does the same damage as smoke that carries all kinds of lung impurities right where it does not belong.  
      September 12, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

• I have enough oral fixations as it is.  I'll pass on sucking a pipe.
      September 12, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

It sucks.  In the negative sense.  
      September 12, 2019 10:29 AM MDT

I tried it at one point when I wanted a crutch to quit smoking. I know lots of others who switched over thinking it was healthier or safe. I also know CBD users who vape because they don't want to smoke.
      September 12, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

SO dumb. NOT you.  The idea that you need to vape or smoke to get any THC or CBD into your system.

There are all kinds of ways to ingest CBD and you don't need to heat it up.
    Just use a dropper.  It is liquid.  Or can be.  I have two bottles of wonderful stuff that I have had for over two months now.  That in itself is extraordinary, since I use marijuana products a LOT.  But this is very useful and very economical.  

I have a brand called Focus and one called Vital and they both work so well for the nerves, I need little else.  

Same with THC.  Although I use that stuff in edibles.  Mostly sativa, the awake stuff.  But, that aside, you can also get THC in dropper form.  

The only thing they don't sell too much is NICOTINE in dropper form and I still think that is the major culprit.  Nicotine is POISON.  Plain and simple.  And it is found in both tobacco and marijuana.  I don't know if they extract harmful substances when you vape, I'm not sure.  But I would think that is the first chemical they would try and extricate.

Killers use nicotine to poison.  I have watched crime shows where that was the weapon.  So, if they don't have that under control, they need to look at that first. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 12, 2019 11:15 AM MDT
      September 12, 2019 10:34 AM MDT

• I've never smoked or vaped anything in my life. I have friends who vape regularly, though. 
      September 12, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

Funny.  I initially got into the health field to surround myself with health-minded people.  Most people I know in this field are so not healthy.  And a lot vape.  And a lot vape tobacco.  That is INSANE to me.  At least THC (I would NEVER VAPE anything) has a pain sedative idea.  

Tobacco?  WHY GOD.  
      September 12, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

• My best friend smokes and vapes regularly. He's also a veterinarian-in-training and runs marathons. I don't get it. lol
      September 12, 2019 11:02 AM MDT

I am piecing this together piecemeal.  Meaning, I am reading stuff and coming up with my own conclusions.  First, I hear on TV that vaping emergencies are becoming epidemic.  I hear it has been recent that things have happened to people getting hospitalized and some dying.  So maybe something that has been introduced recently is the culprit.

They say the lung damage is irreparable.  That would stop me no matter how smart I am.  
      September 12, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

i tried vaping once so i could get ten extra breaks at work to smoke like all the other smokers there but it gave me headaches so i stopped after like one day 
      September 12, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

Sometimes people with sensitive issues wind up being healthier than their "healthy" counterparts.

I think the people in the world with the best diets are diabetics for their situation.  They wind up healthier than the average joe.  IF they follow the diet, of course.  Otherwise they die.  
      September 12, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

makes sense. most people don't realize their choices are bad until it's too late. it's like people who are morbidly obese who think that because they have no apparent health issues they must be perfectly healthy... until they die of a heart attack at 30. 
      September 12, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

I work on a man who haunts my mind here and there.  He is morbidly obese.  A very sweet person.  (doesn't like Trump, that's all it takes wit me, as we know) and is 75.  He has had every surgery known to man and thinks he knows about health.  

Those are the worst.  I want to strangle them and tell them to look in the mirror naked and stand next to a healthy person your age.  

But I cannot.  It may make me feel better for venting for a moment, but it will do him no good whatsoever.  Because I will hurt him.  He wants to deny the fact that his lifestyle is crap and I am threatening that.

So, since he has not really asked me for advice, and just wants to complain, I just let him.  There is no use in forcing the issue. I will try and make him as comfy as possible to be a good grandfather and dad and let him keep puffing and wheezing away only to have one more knee surgery.

He's a mess and I agree.  Tis a pity.
      September 12, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

Tsk, humans! They're either engaging in something pointless, or harmful to themselves and others, despite the widely disseminated warnings, or they're doing the right thing for entirely the wrong reason. But they are always right in their telling other people what they should or should not do.  
      September 12, 2019 12:06 PM MDT