Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » With new information emerging about the health risks of vaping, do you think its proponents still consider it to be safe?

With new information emerging about the health risks of vaping, do you think its proponents still consider it to be safe?

~

Posted - September 13, 2019

Responses

Nicotine is a poison 
    Nicotine is addictive.
    ...Those that are addicted
    don't seem to care
    that they are addicted.
      September 13, 2019 7:06 AM MDT

Vaping may actually be worse than smoking cigarettes.  Smoking cigarettes talks about 20 years to kill you.  Vaping can kill you in one day.
      September 13, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

Really?
    ~
      September 13, 2019 9:43 PM MDT

There was something on the news about a kid who supposedly had just started vaping and wound up in the hospital the same day and died.  I believe there's some chemical in the knock-off vaping liquid that is doing this harm.  JUUL has been out for some time with no deleterious effects, and now that others are jumping in, we have all these problems.
      September 14, 2019 9:28 AM MDT

Thank you for the clarification. I had also heard that there was a death attributed to vaping, it appears to be the one you outlined. Tragic and unfortunate as it is for the victim who died, the way you wrote it made it seem as if there were numerous deaths from vaping. 

~
      September 14, 2019 11:07 PM MDT

I'm pretty sure five people have died from vaping-related illnesses.  

https://www.thejournal.ie/five-vape-deaths-in-the-us-4800031-Sep2019/
      September 14, 2019 11:25 PM MDT

Wall Street is trying hard to make it so.  Jule and Altria stocks have both taken big hits when the News came out.   I believe it will soon be a thing of the past
      September 13, 2019 1:03 PM MDT

One can hope.  Not sure how ignorant people are, but the active ingredient in JUUL is nicotine.  The very same nicotine that keeps you going back to cigarettes.  So why do people think that inhaling nicotine in a different "container" will help them stop the addiction to ... wait for it ... NICOTINE?
      September 14, 2019 9:30 AM MDT

Spunky you and I are on the same page.  One container of Julul vaping liquid I have been told contains as much nicotine as 55 Cigarettes.  To me that is unbelievable. 

BTW thanks for correcting my spelling of Julul before Randy D caught me This post was edited by Archerchef at September 14, 2019 9:48 AM MDT
      September 14, 2019 9:46 AM MDT

I was an inveterate smoker.  For my 40th birthday, I decided to give myself a gift and quit.  I took one hypnotherapy session along with five other people from my office and the last cigarette I smoked was the one just before going into that session.  It helps a lot when you want to stop as opposed to having to stop and it helped further that none of the six of us wanted to be the first to go back to smoking - a support system so to speak.  

I didn't set out to correct you, it just turned out that way, but you're welcome. :)
      September 14, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

Spunky I was a smoker, same as you I wanted to quit.  I made up my mind and went Zen in my early 30's.  Have not had a cigarette since, some days I do miss them.  Last deployment almost started again - it was  a FUBAR mission with a lot of stress
      September 14, 2019 5:47 PM MDT

Good for you not giving in.  There wee a lot of times that I wanted to ho back, but I didn't either.  Now, I have absolutely no desire to smoke again and haven't for a really long time and I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke on someone or in a room.  
      September 14, 2019 7:26 PM MDT

I never would have noticed the misspelling; I know absolutely nothing the names of various vaping products.

~
      September 14, 2019 11:12 PM MDT

No.  But there was a reason it was considered to be safe in the first place and that, maybe can be improved upon.

The idea of steam in the form of vapor going into the lungs is harmless. It is the contents of the vapor that is causing issues, of course.  But, if it didn't show up till now, those really bad side-effects, it means just one of two things to me.

Either the harmful effects take time to manifest or that there is something recently introduced into the mix that is causing the problem.

It is just strange that a lot of cases just popped up in the last two months all at once, so that made me wonder if there is some element that is new, that was introduced recently into the vaping industry that is causing sickness, irreparable lung damage and death.

However, vaping is an addiction and it makes kids feel cool, adults mentally think they are relaxing, and IRONICALLLY, they also thinks this is stopping their cigarette addiction; that is a  prize to these people that they are willing to gamble with.  Denial woriks….It is not going to happen to them.  It will go away, the health problem, oh,  and look at all the people who didn't get sick.

They will play with their lives this way.  It is the Donald Trump manner of thinking.  DENIAL. No global warming, no vape problem.

However, TRUMP, ironically wants to make this a platform because everyone wants it to stop and he has no ISSUE with getting behind this even though he knows nothing about vaping at all.

NOTHING.  BIG SURPRISE? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 14, 2019 9:31 AM MDT
      September 13, 2019 1:09 PM MDT

So a known carcinogen is bad for you. Who knew?
      September 14, 2019 11:35 PM MDT