Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If the GRAND JURY refuses to indict Andrew McCabe because it is clearly purely political on the part of chump can chump OVERRIDE THEM?

If the GRAND JURY refuses to indict Andrew McCabe because it is clearly purely political on the part of chump can chump OVERRIDE THEM?

Does the GRAND JURY have the final say on whether they will or won't? Will fake AG liddlebillybarr tell chump he can force the GRAND JURY to indict because chump is the prez and the prez has an inalienable complete right to make up rules as he floats along the stream of life?

What chump wants chump gets OR ELSE

How does chump OR ELSE a GRAND JURY?

Posted - September 13, 2019

Responses

There is no double jeopardy with a grand jury.
      September 13, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

Apologies m2c but I don't understand this reply. Could you expand on it please and thank you! :)
      September 14, 2019 4:35 AM MDT

A prosecutor can submit their case to one GJ and be no indictment and then take it to another GJ  get the indictment. (I do not know if they have to claim more information was found or not)

Double jeopardy laws apply trials not grand juroes.
      September 14, 2019 7:54 AM MDT

I don't really understand anything about GRAND JURIES. When are they called in and what can they do regular juries can't? I"m gonna ask. Thanks for trying to explain it to me. I still don't get it! :)
      September 23, 2019 3:32 AM MDT

A grand jury does not decide guilt or not guilty. It decides if a person will go to trial. (Be indicted or not)
      September 23, 2019 7:55 AM MDT

Too late.

He's been refused as far as the request to drop criminal charges.  

OF COURSE. Look who's on the Supreme Court.
      September 13, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

The GRAND JURY was recalled several days ago. As of yet NO INDICTMENT. It is being floated that the reason there is no indictment is because the GRAND JURY does not see an indictable crime. So far so good Sharon. So far so good. So we shall see. Time will tell. We will see what happens. Thank you for your reply. It's never too late until that gate is locked.  So far it hasn't been.
      September 14, 2019 4:37 AM MDT

I think it would be more difficult for the DOJ to bring suit against him if the Grand Jury refuses to indict.
      September 13, 2019 3:38 PM MDT

If a GRAND JURY refuses to indict because the evidence presented does not support an indictable crime who is going to carry it? Would it be legal? Oh wait. The fake AG liddlebillbarr makes rules to fit the steadfastjacka**! Maybe the GRAND JURY will be abolished next. I guess we shall have to wait and see. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 14, 2019 4:40 AM MDT

Exactly.  Every prosecutor knows that a Grand Jury will most likely indict a ham sandwich, so if the Grand Jury refuses to indict, there's no hope of bring any other action.  Happy Saturday. :)
      September 14, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

Indict a ham sandwich? Oy vey L! That's just too funny. I don't really understand them. Grand Juries not ham sandwiches. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 23, 2019 3:33 AM MDT

Grand Juries are impaneled to listen to the "facts" of a particular case and determine if they are sufficient to bring the case to trial.  When a Grand Jury fails to indict, you can be sure that the case is pretty weak and the prosecutor will likely not go forward.
      September 23, 2019 7:30 AM MDT

So normal juries don't choose whether a case can go forward. Grand Juries do. What causes a case to be presented to a Grand Jury in the first place? Thank you for the info L! :)
      September 23, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

No, normal juries are only there to determine whether or not the accused is guilty or not.  From what I can see, the Grand Jury is used on very high profile cases, the cases against  Nixon, the case against Bill Clinton, cases of treason, etc.  Once the Grand Jury determines that the case has merit, it presents a "true bill" and the case is scheduled for trial.  The origin of the "ham sandwich" comment is:

"An American federal grand jury has from 16 to 23 jurors, with twelve votes required to return an indictment. Because only a simple majority vote may be necessary to return an indictment, and only the government is allowed to present evidence, a running joke in the legal profession is that a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich if the government asked."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_jury
      September 23, 2019 9:23 AM MDT