Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Regardless of how many years have passed, what do you think your life would be like today if you were still with your first love*?

Regardless of how many years have passed, what do you think your life would be like today if you were still with your first love*?

*This is for those among us who are not still with their first love, of course. 

~

Posted - September 14, 2019

Responses

It has been over 50 years. Last time I saw her, about 30 years ago, she had put on the pounds and just married her 3rd husband! 
      September 14, 2019 7:33 PM MDT

I had to Google him to see what he's doing these days. I found his photo on the website of a local car dealer's repair shop. For a brief moment, I considered it one of life's great ironies, given the discussion we'd had the other day about mechanics and how difficult it is to find a good one. To think. I had my very own personal mechanic once upon a time and I let him slip through my fingers. For shame! Then, I read the title below the photo: "Service Lot Attendant." Whaa? Turns out, he's essentially valet for the service department and sometimes he picks up trash. Not a mechanic. No real skills. I guess I dodged a bullet after all. Uhh... no offense to any Muggers who work as service lot attendants. 
      September 15, 2019 4:26 AM MDT

But what about the employee discount he could get for you?  Call him up, call him up!  After all, 5% is 5%.
    ~
      September 15, 2019 6:08 AM MDT

She's a single mum of 2, neither of them mine. I couldn't possibly be as happy and comfortable as I am today, because she's not my better half.
      September 15, 2019 6:32 AM MDT

Last I heard he was married with kids. He was a druggie and living in an old trailer running his Gmas electric bill up. 

No thank you.

(Nothing wrong with an old trailer but druggie living off Gma is a problem.)
      September 15, 2019 6:32 AM MDT

Wait, is that how he was when you knew him previously, or is that who he has evolved into?

~
      September 15, 2019 4:54 PM MDT

• My first love turned out to be more of an intense infatuation. Nothing really got off the ground and it's really for the best. Forty five years after the fact, we both have families and we both enjoyed successful careers. Our children attended school together for a number of years and we continue to see each other occasionally on a social basis. Today, we enjoy friendship and mutual respect for each other. It couldn't have worked out better.
      September 15, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

I'm still with mine and very very happy  ,so can't answer this question really and only did so to kind of annoy you and it's one of my special blonde treats for you, :) 
      September 15, 2019 5:40 PM MDT

doing life without
      September 15, 2019 8:05 PM MDT

My first crush or love?

First Crush is now an Evangelical living in Indiana.  She married out of University, discovered Jesus and had kids now grand kids.  She is still married to her first husband.  If I had married her we would be comfortably Suburbanites. I would be bored out of my mind and probably divorced

First Love is doing well. She got married right out of University had two kids and now is a grandmother at 53.  Retired after 30 years as a music teacher in a small town.  If I had married her we would have been divorced.  Note we started dating and other stuff at 15, broke up at 16.  We still talk, her husband is a good guy and boring as watching paint dry.

September 16, 2019 8:09 AM MDT