Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The songs we sing mirror whom we are. Remember when President Barack Obama sang AMAZING GRACE? What is the signature chump song?

The songs we sing mirror whom we are. Remember when President Barack Obama sang AMAZING GRACE? What is the signature chump song?

DOugh re ME fa so la ti DOugh

DOugh is about his greedy lustfi; obsession for cash
ME is about himself the only one he cares about in the whole entire world

the
re fa so la ti

A distraction to make you think he is so much more than he seems to be. He isn't.

He is

DOugh
 and
ME

That's it. DOiugh and ME (meaning he)

So fa la ti is all is re him (ME)

Posted - September 15, 2019

Responses

They made a compilation of Look what you made me do by Taylor Swift and have Trump singing it.  The only thing wrong?  Trump's voice is too nice to be Trump's voice.  So, of course Trump needs a FAKE voice to sing anything.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 26, 2019 1:16 AM MDT
      September 15, 2019 12:01 PM MDT

Or, My Way, perhaps: as egotistical as it's semi-literate. And a hit for a singer alleged to have had rather murky associates.
      September 15, 2019 3:04 PM MDT

I think Frank Sinatra definitely had mob ties. In fact that was what got him booted from the JFK Camelot. He introduced JFK to a Judith somebody who was the girlfriend of a mobster and I believe JFK bedded her along with a bazillion others. Frank never forgive JFK for ejecting him from the center of power. I don't know if Frank was a MADE guy but I wouldn't be surprised! Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      September 16, 2019 7:10 AM MDT

Who needs fictional soap-operas on the telly when there are real ones among politicians...?
      September 16, 2019 2:34 PM MDT

Truth IS stranger than fiction. Why is THE MOB so fascinating? Stories about mobs always draw bazillions of people to movie theaters. "They made me an offer I couldn't refuse". "Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in". Remember the horsehead in bed? The Godfather series was irresistible. Did you see "Good Fellas"? Evil is mesmerizing. Why I do not know. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Thursday! :)
      September 26, 2019 1:21 AM MDT

I don't know why either, but large-scale organised crime does fascinate people who would not dream of stealing so much as a bar of soap.

I've not seen those films.

Even the worst gangsters seem to draw a rather salacious fan-club. I don't know if they were ever reported in the USA but if so you might remember the Kray brothers, Ronald and Reginald (twins I think) who terrorised their patch of East London in the 1950s and early '60s. They were utterly unscrupulous and cruel, and it was committing a particularly brutal murder that finally turned enough people against them, for them to be caught, tried and imprisoned.

I don't recall the first, but when the second died, it was strange to hear assorted London "celebrities" including the actress Barbara Windsor, almost apologising for them. "One of us" and all that rubbish.  

Similarly, the "Great Train Robbery" attracted a lot of prurient excitement, perhaps  because the haul, £1 000 000 in used bank-notes from the ambushed Royal Mail train carrying it, was so high. it's a lot now, but that was in about 1961, when a good wage was £20 a week. In reality it was planned and carried out by a nasty little gang of thugs, one of whom coshed the locomotive driver needlessly and so hard he never fully recovered. Few think about him, when instead having something of a soft spot for the robbers. They did not exactly make themselves rich though, as living on the run took a lot of the money. The last to die, Biggs I think, spent his last few years as a flower-seller, ironically on one of London's main railway termini. He went to his grave like the others, still not revealing who had hit the driver. very brave of him...

So, I don't know. Perhaps people as a whole are simply salacious, excited by others' misfortunes or wrong-doing whether in fiction or real-life.

(Good thing much of it is fictional, otherwise the invented English village of the Midsomer Murders would a ghost village by now, its population all dead or fled, leaving only the ghosts of the many murder victims in this popular TV crime-story series!)
      September 26, 2019 7:09 AM MDT