Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Ok. Here's a TWO-FER. Have you ever been guilty of slut-shaming? What is the opposite of slut-shaming? Are men sluts too?

Ok. Here's a TWO-FER. Have you ever been guilty of slut-shaming? What is the opposite of slut-shaming? Are men sluts too?

OK.  I was over-zealous.  I asked more than two questions.  It is better than posting a bunch of the same thing though.  Here it all is in ONE question.  

TOPIC:  SLUT SHAMING and what is it, first of all, and what are ya gonna do about it?  

Posted - September 15, 2019

Responses

• Me???? Slut shame??? Oh no, no, no. 
      September 16, 2019 6:32 AM MDT

Are you still a member?  I was expecting a benedict. 
      September 16, 2019 11:53 AM MDT

• Obviously
      September 16, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

They shame themselves. I do not shame anyone. 
    Of course a man can be a sl*t. But we do not usually use that word as for a man. We say gigalo, player, Romeo, ho, etc.
      September 16, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

Slut shaming can be a slut shaming herself.  It also can be an accuser throwing false accusations at someone who cannot defend herself because there is NO evidence to prove she is not something.

Then there are men sluts. I call them TRUMPS.  
      September 16, 2019 11:55 AM MDT

• Jesus did not shame and ridicule those accused of sexual immorality.  He showed them only love and compassion.  He loved them for who they are not what they did.  When those whom adhered strictly to law called for the punishment or death of others whom were of questionable morals, he rejected the notion and only offered forgiveness and second chances.  Though I continually fail with each daily attempt, I still long and strive only to be like him.  I never "slut-shame".  One may rebuke behavior but it is incumbent upon the heart of all, to love.

On a side note...
    yes men can be and often are referred to as wh*res, B*tches, and sl*ts.
    It is heard all the time.

As is the case with most words today,
    those terms have become largely gender non-specific now.
    This started within the Homosexual community
    and has continued to extend throughout the common vernacular.

I love this song by Pop group "Echosmith"
    in collaboration with Christian artists "For "King And Country"
    It tells the story of how we all have dark secrets we wish to hide from others who judge us
    but that God sees our sins and loves us anyway.
    I'm so glad it has become such a big hit across many genres of music.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 17, 2019 8:30 PM MDT
      September 16, 2019 6:55 AM MDT

• I have love and compassion for them too.  I'm just like Jesus. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 16, 2019 7:06 PM MDT
      September 16, 2019 7:00 AM MDT

• I always told Jon I was envious of how brightly your Halo sparkled.  LOL!

You're an inspiration.
      September 16, 2019 7:11 AM MDT

• It glistens
      September 16, 2019 7:44 AM MDT

You sure know how to swing, Jesus
      September 16, 2019 7:10 PM MDT

You probably saw Jesus Christ Superstar.  

You know, Kanye West is Born AGAIN?  And he has a new Church if you are interested.  
      September 16, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

• That play was pure torture
      September 16, 2019 7:25 PM MDT

Men who are gay are called the same things as women are called. Men are not called whores or sluts if they are heterosexual.  They are called TRUMPS.  
      September 16, 2019 11:56 AM MDT

I don't know why your soul chose the victim archetype.  We are all here for a reason and we all (I believe and so DID JESUS, they took that part out of the bible about REINCARNAITON at the Council of Nicaea) we are all reincarnated to learn lessons and to teach lessons to others on this planet.

So, you in your light spirit probably came down in a homosexual guise to right wrongs with love.  I see you on this path and it is wonderful what you are doing in your own way to enlighten people as to what gay men are like.  You react most times with love and compassion.  That is extraordinary.

So, I mention this because you have ZERO to be forgiven for.  You are a gay man and Jesus did not judge.

Because YOU ARE JESUS.  

WHAT JESUS DID SAY?  IN  THE BIBLE?  THAT WAS NOT TAKEN OUT?

HE SAID.

What I can do, you can do also.  AND MORE.  He was talking about the fact that we are all God and He came down to show us the way.  That is why you cannot get to heaven except through Jesus. Jesus is YOU.  Jesus is the way. PURE CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS.  

That's my song.  
      September 16, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

• You say the most lovely things sometimes, Sharona.
      September 16, 2019 12:12 PM MDT

You are a TRUE delight to me.  I want you to march forth and be the best guy I have read on here who is gay in a long long time.  And the goat. I like that goat.  
      September 16, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

I saw at the beginning of the video -  "For God and Country --  Echosmith  -- Timbaland "  -- and the song is 'God Only Knows'?

With all that, is this a song by the group Echosmith? I like that group a lot.
    I seem to be failing to connect some dots lately in life. Sometimes. (Just wondered about the group.) 
    :)

September 16, 2019 7:17 PM MDT

• Yes.  It is "Echosmith" performing vocal on the track with them and appearing in the video.  This is a huge hit right now by the Christian group "For King And Country".  It is being marketed in various formats to different outlets.  The one I posted is the pop version.  There is also another recording of it and video with "Dolly Parton" for the country market, and still another for Christian radio.  I love "Echosmith" too.  I love what she brings to this song.
      September 16, 2019 7:23 PM MDT

Thanks for helping me out here, Dink del Diablo. I have a lot of catching up to do in listening to a lot of posted songs. I listened to only part of this one so far.
    :)
      September 17, 2019 6:46 AM MDT

The opposite is called supporting. 

~ This post was edited by Randy D at September 16, 2019 11:59 AM MDT
      September 16, 2019 7:17 AM MDT

Who is driving?  Stacy?  

If she is that rich to have a driver, I think she would not have to travel and spread her legs.  She could hole up in a nice hotel and advertise her wares the way the better sluts do.  

Women in cabs doing their jobs tend to smell badly and not wash much.  
      September 16, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

Never Slut Shamed anyone, not worth the time or effort. Besides it did not impact my life.  It is a woman's decision and her life who am I to comment.

Opposite here are some phrases when used regarding men are career killers:
    Skirt Chasers
    Lady's Man
    Man Whore
    Wandering Dick  or he has wandering Dick Disease
    and the list goes on

Shaming goes on on both sides of the gender debate, it is not one sided and is damaging to both Men and Women.  That is why discretion is a virtue has been for many centuries
      September 16, 2019 7:56 AM MDT

Slut shaming doesn't have as much to do with shaming a slut as it has to do with calling someone a slut for behavior she did  or did not do from years prior.  

I think.  That's what I was going for.  
      September 16, 2019 12:00 PM MDT

You may be right.  I am talking about the l=Lager Louts who bad mouth women daily.  Reasons are many, I have fired many including women.  Women have a right to choose and be sexual - agreed yes or no
      September 17, 2019 8:32 PM MDT