Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » So how y'all been and what have I been missing?

So how y'all been and what have I been missing?

Me? I been better.  I've been worse.  Burning down the house and putting the rest in dumpsters.

Posted - September 16, 2019

Responses

• I've just been watching my life continue to spiral out of control and the whole while expecting Jon to rescue me.  I reach out my hand and he takes it but is he pulling me to safety or am I pulling him into my chaos and disorder.  Time will tell.  I did better when I flew.  The ground I stand on iately is far too shaky.

Maybe I should just discuss the weather.
    The sun is shining.
    Surely all is good.

YAY LIFE!
    Meh 
      September 16, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

Hold your ground Twinkle Dink.
    I'm on my way to pull out of the abyss!
    Rest assured, I can promise you that you will be safe
      September 16, 2019 5:42 PM MDT

• You do know Mighty Mouse was a big Coke-Head, don't you? 
    Did you ever hear about that controversy?

September 16, 2019 6:58 PM MDT

• I bet he gets that fire fishscale blow.
      September 16, 2019 7:29 PM MDT

• ...and it has a sparkle.  LOL!
      September 16, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

He's probably the little rat that stole my Mickey D spoon collection

September 16, 2019 7:38 PM MDT

No...This should be in your Urban legend post
      September 16, 2019 7:35 PM MDT

• No.  Seriously.  I can't believe you don't know this.

WARNING...COPY AND PASTE INCOMING!

Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures
     was the subject of media controversy when one scene was interpreted as a depiction of cocaine use. In the episode "The Littlest Tramp" a poor mouse girl attempts to sell flowers, and is repeatedly harassed by a rich man who crushes her flowers.  She runs out of flowers and makes new ones from sundry items she finds, such as tomato slices, but the man crushes these too.  Mighty Mouse attempts to purchase the flowers with his chunk of cheese, and to avenge the girl, but she gives Mighty Mouse the crushed flowers and insists that others need help more than she does. After successfully saving several different characters, he is reminded of the girl, and attempts to smell the flowers she gave him (now a pink powder), inhaling them in the process. He then finds the man that has been harassing the girl, and spanks him. The girl is sympathetic to the man, and he is so moved that the two are married.

A family in Kentucky saw the episode and reportedly interpreted the scene as Mighty Mouse snorting cocaine. The family called the American Family Association in Tupelo, Mississippi. The group demanded Bakshi be removed from production of the series.  Bakshi and CBS denied the allegations, Bakshi stating the whole incident "smacks of McCarthyism. I'm not going to get into who sniffs what. This is lunacy.  "To defuse the controversy, Bakshi agreed to cut the 3.5 seconds from the episode. Rev. Donald Wildmon claimed that the editing was a "de facto admission" of cocaine use, though Bakshi maintained that the episode was "totally innocent"

It's because of Fritz that they're going after Mighty Mouse. I grew up in Brownsville in Brooklyn and attended High School for Industrial Arts. I remember teachers who quit. Because of McCarthyism they weren't able to teach what they wanted. This is the same thing. Mighty Mouse was happy after smelling the flowers because it helped him remember the little girl who sold it to him fondly. But even if you're right, their accusations become part of the air we breathe. That's why I cut the scene. I can't have children wondering if Mighty Mouse is using cocaine.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 16, 2019 7:40 PM MDT
      September 16, 2019 7:39 PM MDT

WTF?! LOL Crazy loons

This is as bad as bruhaha about the great  Lassie's Pups scandal of 1954.
    I see your Copy Paste and raise you, Rod Serling, talking about the situation. start at 2:20 if you want to cut to the chase. Serling did a great job talking about the dangers and ridiculousness of censorship.

September 16, 2019 8:07 PM MDT

Wait. What? Is that YOUR house?
    Send some of that equipment my way when you're done, please.

As for me, this is what I have been doing...getting this place ready for the winter and hopefully up for sale come next year. It's been a chore. I hat to let it go, but I can no longer care for it. 

If you know anyone who wants this goddamn tractor let me know. The rear-end blew out of the axil casing, but other than that, it looks rugged. lol 

Dog not included

September 16, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

• Get and excavator and burn it.  Burn it all!!!!
      September 16, 2019 7:27 PM MDT

I can neither confirm nor deny that the subject has not been approached
      September 16, 2019 7:30 PM MDT

• It feels good man
      September 16, 2019 7:33 PM MDT

So..was that your house you burned? lol
      September 16, 2019 7:39 PM MDT

• Yup
      September 16, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

What are you putting in its place? You just got all the wipees out of your septic line if I'm not mistaken. 
      September 16, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

•  I'm camping out till I Figure out a new plot.
      September 16, 2019 8:15 PM MDT

I have a house for sale

No neighbors, road sucks in the winter, but you can bury someone in the driveway with no hassles 
      September 16, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

September 16, 2019 8:37 PM MDT