Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » PM Justin Trudeau in brown face. Will this hurt him?

PM Justin Trudeau in brown face. Will this hurt him?

Posted - September 19, 2019

Responses

• I don't think so...he's in good standing with those that would be most vocal in taking offense to such a thing.  They'll accept his apology. 
      September 19, 2019 6:20 AM MDT

It is hurting him. A white person donning brownface or blackface is never not wrong. 

Trudeau made apology but that is not enough; he will have to do more. 

He can only hope that he has shown enough over the last four years to render the photo from 2001 something less than a defining mistake. 

-CBC Canada

(4 weeks now before the federal election) This post was edited by Kittigate at September 19, 2019 5:48 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 7:46 AM MDT

I geuss we will see in a few weeks. 
      September 19, 2019 8:34 AM MDT

Yup. Old timers like me might remember.. he is sometimes a bit looney like his PM dad was.
      September 19, 2019 9:14 AM MDT

Who knows. It never hurt conservatives who rape women and dope them up as Judge Kavanaugh did or grab them by the kitty like Donny douche did.
    As far as I know, Trudeau apologized
    I'm anxious to see the hypocrisy float to the surface like a gassy turd from cons ( and lib do-gooders) This post was edited by Jon at September 19, 2019 5:48 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

Personally....I have no issue with it. He was in a costume. 

No proof on Kav and Trump is a sleazy man. But policy is awesome.
      September 19, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

They are the worst. Kavanaugh is a rapist. A drunk rapist. Cheers!
      September 19, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

Ford did not even allege rape.....

Anyway this is getting away from topic.  How do you feel about black/brown on a white person? 
      September 19, 2019 12:07 PM MDT

My opinion is rather different than what you may think,.

Is blck/brown or even yellow or rad face any different than someone mimicking a gay person by pretending to have a lisp or having a swishy walk?  I cannot tell you how many times someone has said to me, I would have never guessed you were gay". That F*C*ing P!sses me off.

There are many factors to consider like age. People change when it comes to an instance like this.  I have never gone full bore loony about people dressing in blackface as a teen or in their twenties at parties and the time period & cultural perspective at that time. 

I say, people should find something better to whine about than someone being racially incentive in thei early life.       (Not to be confused with hateful, white nationalist, KKK Nazi-type racist)

This post was edited by Jon at September 19, 2019 3:24 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

Kavanaugh is not a rapist. He did not stick it in anyone*.

Trump is a rapist.  He actually raped E. Jean Carroll who describes the whole thing on video.  AND SHE IS NOT LYING.  Here is the proof.  Her words describe in detail the exact things Trump bragged about doing on the Access Hollywood tape.  He waited until she was alone in a whole floor of Bergdorf Goodman's and she was in her early 20's.  He grabbed her and pushed her into a dressing room, kissed her and shoved his hand up the split in her coat dress, pulled down her panty hose and stuck that stumpy mushroom head into her vagina.  

I did not believe this story at first. I heard this video and thought she was a bit off in her behavior.  Then I read and heard more and more and saw her a LOT. She is telling the TRUTH.   I thought she wanted publicity.  This has nothing to do with why she wrote the book.  It was buried in the middle somewhere on one page as just an incident in her life.  She wanted to be honest but did not want to press the issue.  I don't blame her.  

THAT is RAPE.  

And she told several people about it at the time and they swore on record that they heard the story the way it was told.  

HE RAPED HER.  And I'm sure she was not the only one.  What is she gonna do against a Harvey Weinstein?

*  Re Kavanaugh:   He is still a sick, lying, low-life coward and has no business ever being a judge of anything.  LIAR and weirdo. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 19, 2019 12:21 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

I agree. Trump along with his best friend, Jeffrey Epstein was indicted in New York they were both named. The suit got dropped because the family was threatened. 

I 100% belive Trump and Kavanaugh are filthy rapists
      September 19, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

You can take any moment in the Trump reign so far and make an entire movie out of it.  That is why the Mueller Report gets lost in the shuffle.    This man has a whole BUILDING annexed to each library now.  It houses the DYNASTY of the TRUMP whatever this farce is.  TRUMP doesn't get a wing. He gets a building.  The movie about Kavanaugh, about Stormy, about the FBI, about each person in the FBI he illegally screwed, about Michael Cohen, about Roger Stone, Julian Assange, Wiki Leaks, illegal Hillary requests....

That is one floor of the building.  

September 19, 2019 12:27 PM MDT

WHY would PM wear brown face.  

He is not mentally retarded.  Oh I just read the story.  I don't know WHY he is apologizing.

He is NOT MAKING FUN of a figure.  He is not making fun of Arabs. He is simply in full costume at a costume party.  It has NOTHING to do with race or skin color. It is like wearing makeup to look like an Indian or BLACK to look like a real figure NOT a fake mimicry of a racist idea of a pickanninny.

BIG DIFFERENCE. HUUUUGE.

and his apologizing is INSANE.

He is not denigrating Arabs.  Now we are so confused about the difference between Trudeau looking very handsome and that other guy that white southern bigot wearing BLACK FACE.... that we are discussing MAKEUP?  NO.  

This was makeup. It was not a statement  of:  LOOK HOW SILLY I AM DRESSED AS A BLACK FOOL.  

he looked like a version of a Handsome ARAB not a freak terrorist.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 19, 2019 11:27 AM MDT
      September 19, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

I did not attack him....at all.
    Just seen it on the news last night and wondered about how it plays in Canada.  This post was edited by my2cents at September 19, 2019 12:08 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

Again you did not read this.

Don't bother answering if you don't read what I said.  PLEASE do not insult me.  
      September 19, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

I agree with you....(where was the insult to you?)
      September 19, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

It was not insulting per se. That is a figure of speech.  Meaning don't insult me by pretending I am too stupid to notice you did not even read what I said.  

I really don't think you were trying to insult me.  
      September 19, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

Well I did read it and we agree....imagine that.
      September 19, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

WHAAAT?

Why say that?  I never thought you attacked him.  I am answering the question.  He apologized. I don't think he had a thing to apologize for.  Then I told you why.  He was dressed as a figure in a story that is not remotely denigrating any race.

The southern moron who had black face in his yearbook, is a different story.  That was making black people a joke, making fun of their looks by exaggerating the features to look grotesque and just being a RACIST pig.  That is a big difference.  This was not him taking a great character out of history.  It was dressing like a fool pickaninny.  That is the difference.

You had a good question.  You did not attack a thing. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 19, 2019 12:06 PM MDT
      September 19, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

We agree again. The southern Gov??? should have been forced out. 
      September 19, 2019 11:43 AM MDT

And instead.  The public is picking on Trudeau and ignoring that Southern Strategist who doesn't even go down in history as a jerk because no one remembers his name.  
      September 19, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

• To be fair, he really may not have known that it is a  racist, offensive act at the time and age he did this. A lot of people aren’t or weren’t aware of the history and offensiveness of this act. I realize that ignorance isn’t an excuse, but the guy isn‘t that bright. Also, IMO he didn’t have a change get re-elected even before this story broke. 
      September 19, 2019 5:55 PM MDT