Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Music » What song would best describe the day you are having?

What song would best describe the day you are having?

Posted - September 26, 2019

Responses

O.k. The problem is, I am having a hard time making a decision as to what to do with my day because I have so many choices and as I think about all those choices and decisions, I ran across your question.  This, of course, challenged my already boggled mind into more decisions and choices of the day.  
    So, I've come to this conclusion and decision on how to spend the rest of my hours:

September 26, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

• This sounds like a good plan...I hope it doesn't turn into a story for my post about stuff that backfired. 
      September 26, 2019 2:22 PM MDT

HUGE SMILES AND GIGGLES!!!!

It definitely HAS Potential!!!!!!

If so, at least I won't have to think about it any longer. :) :)

September 26, 2019 2:25 PM MDT

Good Morning Prodigal Son~ :)
    To give you an update on how my plan worked out yesterday, it had all the cards stacked against it.
    Don could have come home in a bad mood from stresses at work, seen the house was in the same whirl-wind of a mess from a recent trip we took and thrown a little tissy fit.  
    He didn't.  Thank God. He could have though and rightfully so.  I did have 1/2 a day to put a dent in it.
    I did have to go to the liquor store and should have done it earlier.  Hitting rush hour traffic is one thing.  They also closed half of the ONLY road that leads to our house.  Going the back way to the liquor store was treacherous even in a totally working vehicle.  My car needs new bushings (beyond my knowledge. Why it needs a bush in his engine I don't get...) and permantly has to top down which is wonderful for where I live but it is beginning to rain. Great for the flowers.  Not so great for my leather seats.  Humph! 
    The guy who I paid in good faith to do a job on my jobsite DIDN'T and I'm trying to get him to come out complete it.  That part is still pending. 
    However, it would turn out to be such that I DID make it to the liquour store without a drop on my head.  Rain, that is. ;)  Don continued to be in a great mood all evening and night, liquour was bought and consumed, happily, and my car made it home with the bushings still in tact.  The rain and fog I have no control over but I figured Mother Nature found the benefit of the flowers out-weighed my interior leather and I need to get my back window fixed, anyway.  She is just urging forward in paying for it. ;) :)
    So.... I am happy to conclude my mental state of not worrying and being happy DID work out, after all.  :) :)  
    Today, I'm planning my day to work out beautifully.  Mind over matter.  I believe my day will go something like this:

:) :).  Have a great weekend!! :) :)

September 27, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

• Those are some pretty heavy obstacles you championed through yesterday...way to go Merlin. 
      September 27, 2019 8:34 AM MDT

Happy! Happy!  
    Thanks Prodigal Son :) :)
    If I don't have the pleasure of seeing you again, I send you happy thoughts and good wishes for your day and weekend.

Hugs and Loves,
    Merlin
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at September 27, 2019 7:14 PM MDT
      September 27, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

• Well, after running a 90 pound jack hammer and carrying concrete all day.   This seems to about sum it up
      September 26, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

The pounding question:
    Are you still vibrating??
    Or are you limp and flat??
      September 26, 2019 3:31 PM MDT

• Eh,  I sat down for 40minutes so all the joints are just  locking up now.
      September 26, 2019 3:50 PM MDT

That's it.  I'm starting a non-profit.  We will rally to buy you a massage chair.  You know.  The ones you see at those really cool shops that massage you while you sit there?!  We'll get you one. 
    :) ;)
      September 26, 2019 3:55 PM MDT

• Oooooo
      September 26, 2019 4:02 PM MDT

September 26, 2019 2:55 PM MDT

No Monkeying around....

I Swear, I was looking for a Bruno song that would match my day!!
    I really like this guy and his talent.  

GREAT Song and Choice.  
    I wish it pertained to my day. :s!!

psss.  I don't think you are being lazy.  I think you are unable to do what you might like. BUT, we love you for just "taking a day" and healing.  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at September 27, 2019 5:58 AM MDT
      September 26, 2019 3:35 PM MDT

Like A Sunday Morning---

quiet and soft and moving slow....

(I wish....more like 16 Tons as has been listed)

I can't find this song on the internet.   It is not the one by Lionel Richie.  I taped it originally from a "Bud Bushard" radio show in the early 70's.

And it's really about one's romantic partner-->(You're,) just like a Sunday morning.  The lyrics are really nice to contemplate. 

Sorry I can't find a link. 
      September 26, 2019 4:26 PM MDT

• Say say my playmate...this one.

September 26, 2019 5:53 PM MDT

• I LOVE the original song....I was on such a TV on the Radio kick when they first came out.   
      September 27, 2019 6:00 AM MDT

September 26, 2019 6:49 PM MDT

• Hope today is more of a Bryan Adams sort of day.

September 27, 2019 6:00 AM MDT

September 26, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

I love this song and AM SO Happy it was your day yesterday!
    Yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!
    I'm off but hope you have a great weekend and dance with no limitations when you see it.   It feels wonderful!
    See you soon! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at September 27, 2019 9:36 AM MDT
      September 27, 2019 9:35 AM MDT

“Too Busy Thinkin’ ‘Bout My Baby, (I Ain’t Got Time For Nothin‘ Else)” by Marvin Gaye, 1969.

[You know it’s true in my case because I overlook all the incorrect grammar.]

~
      September 26, 2019 10:01 PM MDT

It's a great day today.

September 27, 2019 5:01 PM MDT

November 30, 2019 7:22 PM MST