Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What is something you made that turned out good?

What is something you made that turned out good?

I am actually not much of a  'make stuff' person myself usually. 

Posted - October 3, 2019

Responses

A chicken coop - it was an attractive looking structure and it kept the racoons and weasels from eating my chickens and chicken eggs. Cheers! 
      October 3, 2019 4:10 PM MDT

Wow, I just realized i have nothing I ever made.  It is all gone to others.  Certain objects used to make me take notice.  They have an element that speaks about some aspect of my personality, likes, dislikes, interests, etc.   I used to collect them and make something.  But now I don't have any tools or a work area so there is no point.  I have quit looking at things the way I used to. I do have a small box of items that would make a really great roman soilder...somewhere.  IDK... that is part of my past life. 
      October 3, 2019 4:31 PM MDT

Interesting. I've had ideas about making things out of wood but never got around to doing anything. 
      October 3, 2019 4:54 PM MDT

Working with wood sounds great.  Every single piece of wood has a life story to tell, right down to how much water it drank.  
      October 3, 2019 6:49 PM MDT

Well, I can start with a project I had a 50% hand in: Our 5 kids. Fabulous young people all. 3 are college grads, 2 will soon be. Life is their oyster. So proud of them. 

I made a successful business that has brought me financial and personal independence. This is the legacy I leave to the above mentioned 5 kids, and to their kids.  
    Some may think this is bragging. But so what? Go hard and make your life better, and I will gladly listen to you brag about it, too. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2019 1:26 PM MDT
      October 3, 2019 5:43 PM MDT

You made that business a success by working hard and you've been able to plan for yours and your children's futures.  That is something for which you should be very proud and you've earned the right to brag about it. :)
      October 4, 2019 1:22 PM MDT

Thank you. Probably the best thing I can lay claim to building.  

Sometimes it is made to feel taboo to speak out about one’s own good fortunes (immodesty is not a virtuous trait, it seems), but when said fortunes are the result of sweat and persistence, what is more worthy?
    I do enjoy hearing other people‘s Success stories, no matter how large or small. They serve to inspire us. 
      October 4, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

I agree, but when that success is achieved by one's efforts rather than stealing from others, it should be acknowledged.  Other people's success stories also inspire me and, I hope, younger people who are just coming up in the world.  I often think of how some people who start with almost nothing but their own drive make successes of themselves while others, who seem to have a better foundation, can't seem to get out of their own way or think the world owes them something so they don't have to work hard.
      October 4, 2019 2:02 PM MDT

For about 12 years I made all of my clothes.

I've written songs, poems, essays, and have a novel working its way out.

I've made some pretty delightful foods.

I've participated in the making of some great kids.

I've made some really simple things from wood.

October 3, 2019 6:12 PM MDT

Busy lady!
      October 3, 2019 7:56 PM MDT

I've choreographed some pretty cool-to-me dances for dancers.
    Two of the dances won, respectively, an award.
      October 3, 2019 7:43 PM MDT

Cool-to-some other people too, it would appear. 
      October 3, 2019 7:47 PM MDT

Hey, thanks, Don Barzini! Yeah, you're right - - I hadn't quite thought of it that way but, yeah, you're obviously right! I certainly did not create those dances to get an award -- but out of the blue - - I was notified of the awards! I admit it is fun to receive the news.
    :)

I just get a kick out of seeing other dancers being open to bringing to life ideas that started completely in my own head.

Thanks for your kind remark here -- it really brightened my spirit tonight.
      October 3, 2019 8:05 PM MDT

A Kentucky Pistol. 
      October 3, 2019 10:12 PM MDT

It's pretty.  Did you have a kit of something.  Does it actually shoot, and if so, what does it shoot?
      October 3, 2019 11:01 PM MDT

Thank you.   This is a Pedersoli Kentucky pistol kit gun, and it does shoot. It shoots a .45 cal. roundball. 
      October 3, 2019 11:12 PM MDT

I 'made' my house. It is overdesigned for strength against high winds. It is overinsulated to fight off the winter cold and noise. It is holding up well these last 14 years. 
      October 4, 2019 8:24 AM MDT

That's awesome. If more people knew how to build their own houses, there would be more stronger structures that people would feel safe living in. I know I sure would.  This post was edited by Wolfhound at October 4, 2019 2:18 PM MDT
      October 4, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

Hopefully I made a difference in a couple of thousand of my students' lives. I am sure many of them turned out good.
      October 4, 2019 1:30 PM MDT

I've made a busy-board for my first-born nephew, which has stood the test of time and been handed down to the other boys in the family.  I took a woodworking class and made a little red wagon using no nails or other metal on which I placed a needlepoint "license plate" with my nieces's name on it and a braided rope as a pull.  It has wooden wheels on wooden dowels.   I've made and had framed needlepoint projects to hang in babies' rooms.  I've knitted and/or crocheted various items of clothing for my nieces and nephews along with baby blankets for each of them, and now I crochet baby blankets with my own designs, which I have been asked to make by women in my office and for which they pay.  That money pays for the yarn I use to crochet neck scarves for the troops and scarves and blankets I donate to a craft shop which are given out to children who need them. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 4, 2019 2:16 PM MDT
      October 4, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

Very good! 
      October 4, 2019 2:16 PM MDT

Thank you. :)
      October 4, 2019 7:09 PM MDT

a few years ago i made ham and ricotta stuffed manicotti with white sauce. i made the sauce from scratch 

i also made spicy chili once on the stove. it cooked for like 8 hours and that shit was FIRE

im pretty good at making ice cream out of frozen bananas 

i make pretty good cucumber salad 
      October 4, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

Appetizing!

Ice cream from frozen bananas..? Sounds interesting.  This post was edited by Kittigate at October 4, 2019 9:46 PM MDT
      October 4, 2019 2:17 PM MDT