Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » May-December. What are some funny situations that would arise when a Baby Boomer is in a relationship with a ‘Lennial? ~

May-December. What are some funny situations that would arise when a Baby Boomer is in a relationship with a ‘Lennial? ~

Posted - October 5, 2019

Responses

That something might not 'arise'. Wait...you said funny. Never mind.
    I might get a chuckle from her when I break out my flip phone.
      October 5, 2019 7:33 AM MDT

I'm dizzy from trying to think of how even a morsel of conversation would go between them.  None of them are funny.  Most of them start with, "Hey. F*** Ya. Now, next time get some Bounce before we horizantal, man.  Then some Linnieal bop bob da be dop sound enters the conversation.
    Have you seen how wrinkly you are?  F*** Ya."
    This would be followed by, " Yes.  I did Bounce a bit, didn't I ?!" Now with a little more excitement in his voice, "You think I'm kinky?"  With a little shuffle of his newly polished wing tips, "We could try a little if you would like, young lady.  "You just name the game.
    I've been around the block so many times, I've worn a path."

It just doesn't seem to flow.  I can't imagine that relationship having any common ground except the words "Grand ma/pa" followed by "You'd better go ask your parents before I say, yes."  Don't forget your pleases and thank-yous!

October 5, 2019 8:20 AM MDT

• Erectile dysfunction 
      October 5, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

That’s not specific to such relationships; it could happen in any relationship. 
    ___
      October 5, 2019 8:29 AM MDT

Hi Randy~ :)  You were awfully quick to reprimand by telling the truth.  It could also happen in that sort of relationship.  You weren't "absolute" in your question.
    Are you feeling a little prejectile?  (New word. It's allowed.  I asked the crowd. )

:) :) This post was edited by Merlin at October 5, 2019 11:45 AM MDT
      October 5, 2019 8:38 AM MDT

It’s not a reprimand. 

~
      October 5, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

• True, but you didn't ask for an example specific only to such a relationship.   You only asked for situations that would arise in such a relationship.
      October 5, 2019 8:44 AM MDT

What’s funny about erectile dysfunction?

:(
      October 5, 2019 8:48 AM MDT

• Like getting kicked in the nuts, it is  always funny when it's someone else.
      October 5, 2019 8:51 AM MDT

So you think some guy's 'limpy' is funny?
      October 5, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

Yes.  I agree.  It could go both ways in this sort of relationship.
      October 5, 2019 8:41 AM MDT

He said 'fun'.
      October 5, 2019 11:45 AM MDT

that sounds chill, converting pdfs to word documents and caring for hardwood floors makes me hard. we can do things the boomer likes too, like destroying the environment and then blaming it on teenagers with iPhones! 
      October 5, 2019 8:59 AM MDT

The 'Lennial moves in with the Boomer but insists on putting the Master bedroom in the basement cause that is what they are used to....
      October 5, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

These answers. lol 

As a millenial who has dated a boomer, here's my list:

*Realizing your date has clothes older than you.
    *Realizing date is waaayyyyy older than your parents and that you've stepped beyond "daddy issues."
    *Realizing your date had a degree and career before you were even born.
    *Realizing that a pre-coital visit to the cardiologist is sensible, not funny, which makes it funny. 
    *Knowing your date has terrible vision, so it doesn't really matter what you look like, so long as you can hide his glasses before he sees you.
    *Everyone who sees you out together assumes you're out with a grandparent/ father/ uncle.
    *The wave of recognition that washes over faces when they realize you're a couple and the series of expressions which occur as they try to figure out whether you're gross and incestuous or just a gold digger. Those are apparently the only two options, BTW. 
    *After a period of silence from the other party, checking the obits to see if they're still alive because... you know... you don't want to be angry at them for not calling if they died. 

I wonder what his list would be like. O_o
      October 5, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

Does that mean it is over between us?
      October 5, 2019 11:48 AM MDT

Where did you get that idea?
      October 6, 2019 4:35 PM MDT

Get. A. Room. 

~
      October 6, 2019 5:13 PM MDT

I just got back and this is exactly what I needed!  As a 'Lennial would put it:  I am truly, ROFLMAO!

WELL DONE!
    :) :) :) :)
      October 7, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

• Most of them.
      October 5, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

Explaining the relationship to your friends and family is truly amusing. At times can be aggravating
    Explaining these are your kids, not grand kids - the look of shock on folks faces

Just asking had a pretty good list
      October 7, 2019 6:26 AM MDT

You said "is" and not "would be."
    Is this speaking from experience?
      October 7, 2019 4:17 PM MDT

Baby Boomer comes home.  Millennial meets him at the door and says, "Let's run upstairs and make love!"  Baby Boomer responds, "Dang it woman, you know I can't do both."
      October 7, 2019 4:33 PM MDT

Huge Giggles!  :) :)
    "Sure you can!  I'll grab the pacemaker!"
    She sprints through the house in her track shoes, pacemaker in tow and grabs him along the way.
    When there's a will .... there's a way!! This post was edited by Merlin at October 7, 2019 9:13 PM MDT
      October 7, 2019 5:01 PM MDT