Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pedophiles don't do well in prison. Neither do cops who murder innocent people. Which is more at risk of not surviving prison?

Pedophiles don't do well in prison. Neither do cops who murder innocent people. Which is more at risk of not surviving prison?

Posted - October 5, 2019

Responses

Cops in general do not do well in prison. 
      October 5, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

• ALL police have a short life span in jail. The charge isn't important. A cop can steal a loaf of bread and have a contract on his head. The thing that makes it all so interesting is the fact that there are no guilty people in any prison anywhere in the country, yet certain persons are endangered by their presence there. All you have to do is ask any inmate. They'll tell you they're as pure as the driven snow. It's always someone else's fault.
      October 5, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

If you see someone in a movie taking the blame for something it is always because he/she is covering for someone he/she loves. Thank you for your thoughtful reply SC and Happy Sunday to thee. My experience with cops has always been very good. One exception wa a cop who was in a very lousy mood and never cracked a smile. He wasn't rude he was just unfriendly. So I have no problem with cops based on my personal experience  But what I read about what some other folks experience is shocking. We always read about the bad cops. Why not good cop stories? I'm gonna ask. This post was edited by RosieG at October 6, 2019 3:39 AM MDT
      October 6, 2019 3:37 AM MDT

Both cops and pedophiles are apparently on the lowest rungs of the prison hierarchy, but I could find no more specific statistics.
      October 5, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

Years ago when I read about how pedophiles have low survival rates in prison I was shocked. Even the most heinous criminals have an honor code? Weird. I guess the Mafia has an honor code. I don't think chump does. Thank you for your reply tom. Why is it we only ever read stories about bad cops?
      October 6, 2019 3:41 AM MDT

I can't answer that question, but if you are referring to the case I think, there was a thought-provoking comment on it, on the radio yesterday morning.

The speaker in that edition's of the 5-minute theological Thought For The Day told us the victim's brother had as a Christian, forgiven the police officer. That seems very surprising, BUT - and this is a vital difference often misunderstood - forgiveness and letting-off are NOT the same thing.  The point was that the murderer should rightly serve a prison sentence, but being forgiven will hopefully bring repentance, and in a case like this, possibly a life-time's worth, far longer than the imprisonment.  
      October 6, 2019 4:20 PM MDT