Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What time do you usually go to sleep? I used to go sleep between around 11:30ish, but lately I fight to keep eyes open until 9:30. I hate it

What time do you usually go to sleep? I used to go sleep between around 11:30ish, but lately I fight to keep eyes open until 9:30. I hate it

Posted - October 10, 2019

Responses

Hi Jaimie~ :)
    Same! Same!  I used to be a natural insomniac.  Really.  I didn't need that much sleep and had a hard time turning my brain off.

BUT.... lately, I don't seem to have as much gumpshun as I've always had and for no apparent reason.
    I haven't changed our diets or am doing any more/less exercise in my day to day life.
    Our weather hasn't changed drastically.
    Our stress levels are a bit higher than usual but that normally makes me more anxious and not sleep.
    It is a very bizarre thing going on over here, too.
    I wonder why this is.
    ????
    I kind of miss the noise!!
    ;):)

October 10, 2019 7:37 PM MDT

• I used to get by on about 4 hours a night, now I go to bed at the hour that murder she wrote lady prob does..or did.. I’m not sure if shes alive. 
      October 11, 2019 6:09 PM MDT

I love that show!!!!!
    She is my hero in many ways and her character name was Jessica Fletcher.
    ;) :)
      October 13, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

Oh, I got so engrossed in my explaining the oddity of both our situations, I didn't directly answer your question.

I shoot for 10 pm.  I shoot to get up at 5 am.  It normally averages out to 8'30/9:30, up and down at 2 and then the dreaded 3 am. I hate it when I wake up to go pee at 3.  It is the wicked hour of knowing you have to REALLY get up in 2 hours and not being able to go back to sleep/sleep so those 2 hours are totally wasted.

Drugs, I'm tellin' ya.  I need to start taking drugs!
    Either that or stronger toddies!!
    Big Winks and Smiles!
      October 10, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

Are those hours that you just like and set for yourself, or do you go to work outside the home?

October 11, 2019 12:51 AM MDT

Both on both accounts. :)  I do strive for those times. They seem resonable and responsible for adults our ages.  
    Giving Don and myself the benefit of the doubt, I'm going to say, we've reached that goal maybe 2 weeks in our lives together and not consecutively. :(.  We go through phases.  Months and months of nights up 'till 3 am and getting 2 hours of sleep, if we're lucky.
    After those spells, our bodies demand rest and we find ourselves dropping off around 7:30/8.
    A regular sleeping pattern is very important to mental and physical health.  I know your body likes to be in a rhythm and your brain desperately needs time to file and re-organize all you've learned throughout your day.
    Sleep wasn't really important to me and I didn't seem to need it as much as I do now.
    We both work ourselves to the bone. I work out of our home and in our home.  I'm using the term home rather loosely.  Our house has been in remodel mode and torn apart for almost 3 years now.  We started and found the more we fixed, the more needed fixing.  Then, where is that time we need to finish?  It is rather frustrating for both of us considering Don's expertise and career.
    In our situation, I think it proves the point.  The last thing a carpenter/contractor wants to do when he gets home is build and work on his own home.  Still, it keeps me up at night!
    Lesson:  Learn Time Management.  Learn how to Make time for important things.
    Sleeping and your house should rank in the top 5.  
    Working seems to dictate our lives at this stage.  
    Thanks for asking. :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at October 14, 2019 4:54 AM MDT
      October 11, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

• I always have shot for 10pm work nights too. I have had my phone set to go into DND mode at ten for the past year now. Maybe that’s why I’m sleepy now. No notifications.. 
      October 11, 2019 6:10 PM MDT

I go to sleep @ 12:43 am every night. A person don't want to be awake when the Seroquel kicks in. This post was edited by Zack at October 11, 2019 6:10 PM MDT
      October 10, 2019 7:44 PM MDT

Careful with that stuff. It can screw up your liver.
      October 11, 2019 9:19 AM MDT

• 12:43 is very specific :) good you can sleep before they kick in. 
      October 11, 2019 6:11 PM MDT

between around 11:30ish    

I love specificity. 
      October 10, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

• Lol I just reread my question, I must have changed way I was going to word it mid sentence. I was tired, give me a break ;)
      October 11, 2019 6:12 PM MDT

In my adult life, and after having left military duty, I’ve hardly ever gone to sleep or awakened at any preset time. I’m all over the map.

~
      October 10, 2019 8:11 PM MDT

• That’s surprising, just from what I know of your personality on here,  I would assume you keep a strict schedule. 
      October 11, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

You want to keep me on a strict bedtime schedule, is that what you said?

~

October 12, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

True!  He is extremely specific and I would have thought he leaned more toward an OCD sort of schedule. 
      October 14, 2019 7:43 AM MDT

I wake, sleep, and eat when I feel like I need or want to during the week.  The weekends I have to be up during the day for activities that I like doing.  I stayed up all night last night (Wednesday night) and slept all morning today.  It's 10:20 pm and I'm about to go and cook my dinner. 
      October 10, 2019 8:24 PM MDT

• Are you retired then? I thought retired people eat dinner at 4pm :)
      October 11, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

• I try to get to bed between 9 and 10 pm. Sometimes I’m successful sometimes I’m not. 
      October 10, 2019 9:25 PM MDT

• I think 10’s perfect time to go to sleep, but I wake up at 6ish. I feel like when I fall asleep before 10 I get no time between work and sleep. I hate that. 
      October 11, 2019 6:16 PM MDT

I had a super flu shot that knocked me on my butt. (literally) I slept most of the day yesterday.  I hope the worst is over now. 
      October 11, 2019 4:24 AM MDT

I hope you’re already feeling better, my friend!  I want you to be well. 
      (That’s a one-time occurrence. She’s asking about general practice.)

~
      October 11, 2019 6:10 AM MDT

Is there mustard in that jar?
      October 11, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

Good Call!  I'm wondering how that mixes with the lemon. 
    Speaking of the lemon, I'm hoping that night stand is not made of wood.  Lemon is not good for the finish. This post was edited by Merlin at October 12, 2019 12:15 AM MDT
      October 11, 2019 9:27 AM MDT