Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Crazy-a** upside down and peculiarly queer. Syrian Kurds DID NOT INVADE TURKEY. Turkey/Russia INVADED SYRIA. How does that make sense?

Crazy-a** upside down and peculiarly queer. Syrian Kurds DID NOT INVADE TURKEY. Turkey/Russia INVADED SYRIA. How does that make sense?

Posted - October 11, 2019

Responses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan

The Kurds have long been fighting Turkey, Syria, Iran, and Iraq ... at various times ... trying to carve out a nation.
    The Turkish government views all Kurdish fighters part of the same "terrorist" group, no matter what country the Kurds are in.
      October 11, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

So Kurds are kinda like Palestinians then Walt? Wanting their own homeland? I wonder how many Kurds are in the USA and if Turkey will come here to exterminate them too? Thank you for the link. Why did Russia join with Turkey with regard to invading Syria? Are they anti-Kurd or just pro Turkey? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 12, 2019 1:26 AM MDT
      October 12, 2019 1:25 AM MDT

Syria is a messed up situation.  

Russia did not invade Syria.  Russia is there to support Assiad. He lets them have military bases etc there. 

Kurds want their own land....they call the land they want Kurdistan. If they controlled all the land they refer to as Kurdistan it would take land from Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey. 

Turkey does not support Assiad but they do not want the Kurds in Syria to get their own territory for fear it would embolden the Kurds currently living in Turkey. 

The Kurds in Syria have been told from the start that the US would not fight Turkey for them. (We cannot Turkey is a member of NATO). The people in this area have been fighting for centuries.  We were there for one reason to get rid of the caliphate that the Islamic State was forming.  We have done that.  With the help of Russia, Syria, Turkey, Iraq and the Kurds. We all fought together for one reason but we were all never on the same sides.  As strange as that sounds.   

The PKK (Kurdish Worker's Party) is considered a terrorist group by Turkey, USA, EU.  They have a counterpart in Syria the YPG.....this YPG makes up a large portion of the  Syrian Democratic Force which the US worked with....., 

When the Syrian Defense Forces took an area back from IS they would then put up huge pictures of the imprisoned Abdullah Ocalan, founder and leader of the terrorist group PKK. He is to Turkey what Osama Bin Laden was to the USA.  This is why Turkey does not want them by their border. 

It is quite confusing and we cannot make a peace there.  They will have to sort it out.   We eliminated the Islamic State caliphate...that was our goal. It is accomplished. IF we try we will be there forever. 

PKK and YPG even kidnap and brainwash children to fight for them.  

For more info Google PKK, YPG, and SDF  or Abdullah Ocalan and look for yourself.   

October 11, 2019 12:06 PM MDT

Wow m2c. This is EXTREMELY INFORMATIVE and helpful. I appreciate the time you put into this. Palestinians want their own country too. I guess every human being wants a  place to call "home". Happy Saturday. I'm going to read this post again slowly because there is a lot of information here. Thanks teach!
      October 12, 2019 1:28 AM MDT

Thank you. 

I researched it after the announcement that we were leaving. Because I did not think we should leave the Kurds because they faught with us. 

(Yes I was disagreeing with the President) 
      October 12, 2019 7:11 AM MDT

Well I wonder why Trump would say the Kurds didn't fight with the US during World war 2 and I bet he was informed he was wrong but he won't apologize to them. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      October 12, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

Are we supposed to fight a NATO ally? 

Trump was making the point that the Kurds are fighting in Syria because they want their own country. And Islamic State was taking the land, they wanted themselves and doing evil to the people. 
      October 12, 2019 9:56 AM MDT