Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How big can you blow up a balloon before it bursts? How far can you stretch a rubber band before it breaks?

How big can you blow up a balloon before it bursts? How far can you stretch a rubber band before it breaks?

How much can you possibly stretch your bias before it shatters and shatters you too?

Posted - October 13, 2019

Responses

I couldn't find any chart of elastic limits for bias online, but I've noticed that a positive bias shown toward Trump seems to be directly correlated to an inability to evaluate properly what is happening in the world today.
      October 13, 2019 7:58 AM MDT

There are two "realities" existing side-by-side which are mutually exclusive. The prodons live in one and the antidons live in the other. Now being an antidon I cannot imagine how the brain of a prodon works or how the senses operate. They are all anathema to me. So I expect the same is true of prodons when they look at me. What is simple logic to them and true is abhorrent to us and false. Both realities proponents are adamantly convinced theirs is real and "the other" is a sham. I can't imagine what having a prodon brain is like. How it filters out a lot of real and replaces it with surreal and unreal. I like how you stated it..."...an inability to evaluate properly what is happening in the world today." That would be preferable to what I think is going on. They know and they just don't care at all. They see all the warts and say they are beauty marks just because it sounds supportive. Knowing and not caring is the problem mebbe. That makes it far worse. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      October 14, 2019 2:41 AM MDT

Ex-Bush Aide Has Damning Theory For Why Trump Supporters Won't Turn On Him

Peter Wehner said there’s a reason why many of President Donald Trump’s most loyal supporters won’t turn on him.

“It is almost like a hermetically sealed world,” Wehner said on CNN’s “Reliable Sources.” “Facts are like BBs, they’re just bouncing off of a brick wall. They just don’t penetrate.”

Wehner, who served in the administrations of presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush and as a senior aide in the White House of President George W. Bush, said it comes down to a concept called the psychology of accommodation.

“People decided early on for a variety of reasons to accommodate themselves to Donald Trump, some of them thinking that things would get better, that he would grow in office, that he would be surrounded by good people,” Wehner said.

Instead, Trump has gotten worse. But because of their early accommodation of the president, these voters are essentially stuck with him.
    “Now it’s not just a defense of Trump. It’s a defense of their defense of Trump,” Wehner said. “To indict him is to indict themselves, and to indict their own judgment, and that’s hard for any human being.”

The result: “They will defend him regardless of what happens, come hell or high water.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/peter-wehner-trump-supporters-053729172.htm

October 15, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

You did it again tom! Unpuzzled me. NOW THAT MAKES SENSE. In other words his supporters are as incapable of admitting they were wrong as he is so they are stuck together forever justifying that decision by sticking to it no matter what. I'm gonna go with this. It's pure gold. I'll give you blind attribution. It seems such a simple thing to see but I did not see it. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 16, 2019 6:42 AM MDT