Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Language » Do you give a sheet?

Do you give a sheet?

Posted - October 13, 2019

Responses

I do give a sheet.
    I've given many sheets to GoodWill.  I've given many sheets to the human society for bedding for animals and to use for medical reasons.

On a different note, I taken a sheet or two in my lifetime to say the least.  I have definitely done so at motels and hotels. This post was edited by Merlin at December 19, 2019 10:27 AM MST
      October 13, 2019 5:49 PM MDT

I once worked for a Mr. and Mrs. Schiets. I occasionally buy plumbing supplies at Sheets Supply. Once you get as old as I, you've been around a lot of S--- !
      October 13, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

I just made sheet on a shingle.

SH*T ON A SHINGLE RECIPE

This page first published: Sep 16, 2013 · Modified: Apr 9, 2019 · by CooksInfo. Copyright © 2019
    Shit on a Shingle Recipe

Shit on a Shingle Recipe
    © Randal Oulton

Shi* on a Shingle Recipe

Shit on a Shingle made with creamed, chipped beef is a classic American military dish. This recipe makes enough for one person for lunch or a light supper; you can easily multiply this recipe as needed. We've tried to make it just a bit healthier than normal by lightening up the white sauce.

Prep Time10 mins
    Cook Time5 mins
    Total Time15 mins

Course: Beef, Lunch

Servings: 1

Author: CooksInfo

Instructions

• Chop up the chipped beef roughly, set aside.
    • Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat along with a few dashes of ground pepper (optional: a dash of ground nutmeg, a pinch of onion powder or a tablespoon of minced onion, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a squirt of mustard.) Don't let the butter brown. As soon as it's just all melted, add the flour, and whisk it in. Let cook for a minute, then whisk in half the milk. As soon as it's absorbed, whisk in the remainder of the milk, then stir in the chipped beef, and set the heat to low.
    • Pop the bread in the toaster. When it's toasted, arrange the two slices of toast and spoon the beef mixture on top of both.
    • Serve piping hot.
    • If you're serving for lunch or dinner, add some side veg for a complete meal.

Notes

You can use white or brown bread. If you aren't counting calories, regular milk is fine -- we just tried to make the dish a bit lower in calories. 1/3 cup is about 3 oz or 75 ml. Feel free to use a bit more to make the sauce runnier if you like. Feel free to adjust and play with seasoning; most people seem to feel it's salty enough from the beef without adding more salt.
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2019 9:25 AM MST
      October 14, 2019 12:03 AM MDT

I love this stuff!  In fact, I have, "stoffers, cream chipped beef," in our freezer right now!
    I especially like the fact you put the recipie down. I am going to copy it and put it in my recipie book.
    You just saved me 3 bucks every other week which is about how often I buy cream chipped beef. :)
    That comes out to around 150 bucks + tax.... $200!!  
    Thanks VERY STRONG BULLY! Totally Awesome!! :) :)
      December 19, 2019 9:30 AM MST

Come here, you. There‘s only one way to find out.

~
      December 19, 2019 7:21 AM MST

;) :)!
      December 19, 2019 9:31 AM MST