Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I can't stand people with no legs, on balance ,do you think you could ?

I can't stand people with no legs, on balance ,do you think you could ?

Posted - October 14, 2019

Responses

Definitely yes.
    I've known quite a few people who live in wheelchairs.
    The thing is, once you get to know them as human beings their disability becomes almost irrelevant. They might need a little extra help now and then, but otherwise, they're just like everyone else, with the same needs and the same cross-section of interests, passions and vulnerabilies.

It's worth remembering that if we live long enough many of us will experience being disabled in our advanced old age.
      October 16, 2019 7:47 PM MDT

I think you've missed the point of my question....:( 
      October 16, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

Do I get the puns: stand, balance, no legs - perhaps.
    Or maybe it's that legless people are also footless, therefore unattractive to a foot fetishist.
    Or maybe it's about the capacity to invent and fit prosthetic legs that provide good balance. I was a sculptor for about 20 years, so that's one thing I could do if the need arose.

For me, there are quite a few traits I can't stand, mainly negative ones of personality such as dishonesty, power-hunger, tendency to be loud, obnoxious, rude, raging or violent. Differences in physical appearances and abilities rarely bother me.
      October 21, 2019 4:47 PM MDT

If it took you twenty years ,you must be a chip of the old block and your parents must have been Chippys  to by trade    :) 
      October 21, 2019 5:36 PM MDT

Close.
    My father was a journalist, novelist, inventor, architect and builder. His main style of building was vernacular mudbrick and pisé de terre, pioneered around Eltham, Victoria, Australia, in the 1930's due to the Depression and housing shortages.
    I learned my first taste of woodwork, when I was six years old, from a neighbour who was building his own house: he showed me which side of the line to cut when sawing a piece of wood, and why. Strangely, that one tidbit of info turned out to have endless applications.
    Both parents put a high value on creativity, which I guess is how I ended up in sculpture, and now writing - though I've done numerous other things over the years. This post was edited by inky at October 21, 2019 5:50 PM MDT
      October 21, 2019 5:49 PM MDT

My partents and grandparents are builders, my dad has his own joinery shop too....I can turn my hand to most trades ,although who I live with don't like me getting dirty ....lol
      October 21, 2019 5:53 PM MDT

Do you mean could I balance without legs?
    Yes. Anyone could learn, and would if they had to.

Beggars in places like India do it all their lives, balancing and moving on their stumps or torsos with the aids of their arms and hands,
    or if they're lucky, with a home-made trolley.

In Sydney, I've seen legless dancers perform with the able-bodies in avant-guard dance performances. It's a little bit freaky and uncomfortable to watch at first, and then that gives way to awe and wonder at what they can do and how beautifully they do it.
      October 16, 2019 7:58 PM MDT

I was cracking a funny.....nothing more.  :( 
      October 16, 2019 9:30 PM MDT

Do you want to know what I can't stand?  To sit.  I can't stand to sit.
      October 16, 2019 8:33 PM MDT

Unbeatable.....:) 
      October 16, 2019 9:31 PM MDT

You're sweet.  I like your Jugs too, er... uh... two?
      October 17, 2019 7:53 PM MDT

Double takes on answers to me is not excepable ,but in your case is your Glases I hope....:) 
      October 18, 2019 4:13 AM MDT

Ditto. Also if they have legs, but no feet. I think I'm lack toes intolerant.
      October 16, 2019 9:01 PM MDT

You were gonna be the runner up as well.  :( 
      October 16, 2019 9:33 PM MDT