Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » HELP! NEED IDEAS FOR 60TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY.....

HELP! NEED IDEAS FOR 60TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY.....

My brother & his wife will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next month.......at that time they'll be in FL....their 2 sons live in GA, daughter and I in OHIO...

so what could we all do to make it special???   

I have no idea what the others have in mind, but just want y'all to brainstorm & give me some ideas, no matter how crazy...as to what we all could do for them at this special time.

it can involve just the children closest, etc.....I have no idea!!.

so please, put on your thinking caps and let me know ASAP!!!

thanks!!!

Posted - October 17, 2019

Responses

60th  is diamond anniversary so maybe take them to a baseball game. 
      October 17, 2019 8:04 AM MDT

Very Kittigateingly creative!
    I love it! :) :)
    May I borrow it if my parents live 'till their 60th?
      October 17, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

Sure;  'course.
      October 17, 2019 3:41 PM MDT

Older people usually have most of the things they need (unless they're very poor.)
    So the best gifts are consumables that are not necessities but special treats -
    something private just for the two of them (anniversary of wedding deserves to have a romantic aspect to it):
    - a pair of tickets to a film, live music, comedy, theatre, dance, or sports event that is to their taste
    - prepaid dinner for two at their favourite restaurant

Plus a meeting of the whole clan (providing they get on together - if they don't, then just the ones that do)
    Make it something fun like a picnic or barbeque in a beautiful place.
    Make it so the oldies have comfortable chairs and every bit of the work is done by others and costs of food paid for by others.
    Arrange for all their favourite foods, and if possible their favourite music on radio or portable hi-fi.

October 17, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

Those are all very considerate and thoughtful suggestions.  :) :)
      October 17, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

That was SO kind of you to notice!

I Love You Kiss GIF by Cartoon Hangover
      October 17, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

I think most people who are that old want to go to bed early.  Whatever you do, consider them.

WHATEVER YOU DO.  

I worked for a lady in her early 90's who kept telling me she had no energy to keep up with her relative's expectations.  So, consider that.  
      October 17, 2019 1:23 PM MDT

Bookworm has lovely ideas. 
    I've never known a couple to be married that long. I'm not sure if these would be appropriate but they say laughter is one of the best gifts.
    People we consider "old" never cease to amaze me in what they still DO.  My Grammie flew a Hot Air Balloon over France when she was in her ripe years.  Contrary to popular belief, this may gross some of you out which it shouldn't because if you are lucky, you'll reach their age and feel the same.  Just because they are old doesn't mean they still don't have desires. 
    Buy them a dual membership to a spa.  They can keep in shape for other enjoyable activities.
    Buy them a new bed that keeps you cool at night from night sweats, etc.  I've seen them advertised on TV.
    Give them some silk sheets.  They feel great. I would assume very great on older skin and don't cause more wrinkles. Silk pillow cases or awesome for your hair.  They won't cause any more breakage.
    Remind him and her, in florida, you can...

I'm sure they know how to put the lime in the coconut without causing a belly ache. 
      October 17, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

What part of Florida?  What do they like to do?  I am on the East-central Coast and know this area very well, especially the natural resources, outdoors and water-sports.
      October 17, 2019 8:11 PM MDT