Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The world is a VERY SCARY PLACE for some of you but not others of you. Why?

The world is a VERY SCARY PLACE for some of you but not others of you. Why?

To the fearful among you. Afraid of this and that. Terrified of this and that. Suspicious of this and that. Wary of this and that. Anxious about this and that. Worried about this and that. When do you ever have time to be happy? Or is happy last on your list of necessities? It was a "dark and stormy night". Every night of your entire life?

Posted - October 17, 2019

Responses

The world IS a "very scary place" when you consider all the things that can go wrong or harm you.
    It is less scary, if you consider the probability of any of those things actually happening to YOU (an individual).

EG: Thousands of people are killed by tribal fighting every year.
    I don't live within a thousand miles of any, so the odds are pretty slim it will directly affect me.

Many people watch too much media, and believe they are in constant danger of being a victim of a crime - because that's all they see.
    But if the odds were so great, it wouldn't be "newsworthy" when it happens.

October 17, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

How about the fact that when the news keeps reporting more and more incidents over and over again, maybe?  Just maybe, they are reporting the state of things GROWING WORSE and WORSE. AND WORSE.

If you think the streets of America are as safe today as before TRUMP?  You , sir, are falling for Trump's FAKE NEWS rants.  This is REAL and they are reporting CHAOS, MASS SHOOTINGS and global disasters because WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT WAYS TO STOP THIS.  All they can do is scream the facts.  It is up to us to do something and NOT say oh here we go again with another unpleasantry.  
      October 17, 2019 11:58 AM MDT

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/17/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

Violent crime in the US has been steadily decreasing for decades ... yet media reporting of it has been increasing, during the same period.
    This is a discrepancy due to increased demand for sensational news, as well as more available devices to record events.  (EG: cell phones)
      October 17, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

As I told Sharon on this thread Walt the only thing I fear is that Jim will have another stroke or worse. Otherwise I am fearless. I am an antigun person. Guns are used to kill living things so I refuse to have one around. People with guns apparently need them to feel safe or safer. I am not one of them. Never have been. Never will be. Guns are for the fearful in my opinion. I am not a fan of hunting at all but I recognize some folks grow up killing their food and I eat beef and that means cows are killed. But I personally find it unappealing and deplorable to enjoy guns and worship them and covet them and own them so I don't. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 18, 2019 3:09 AM MDT

The world is a mess. That's why.   If you don't worry, you have a better handle on control than I do or most of the world right now.  

We are ALL scared or in denial.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 18, 2019 2:59 AM MDT
      October 17, 2019 11:53 AM MDT

Nothing scares me Sharon except Jim having another stroke or worse. THAT'S IT! My only fear. The trump enrages me infuriates me angers me annoys me. All the years I BRAGGED about never hating anyone and he is the exception. I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM for what he is and what he does and what says and what he thinks and what he believes and what he feels. I especially hate him for turning me into someone who knows what it feels like to HATE. For that I will always despise him. SIGH. The bast**d doesn't scare me at all. What is he gonna do to me? What threat am I to him? Is he gonna have weaponized snipers take me out? There is nothing I have he wants. I'm almost 82. I've had a good life. Whatever is next I'm OK with. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 18, 2019 3:04 AM MDT