Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » IMAGINE: Getting up one morning to say "I'm going to be the cause of slaughtering thousands of my allies". How big a boner would you have?

IMAGINE: Getting up one morning to say "I'm going to be the cause of slaughtering thousands of my allies". How big a boner would you have?

Posted - October 17, 2019

Responses

I like to think that I wouldn't have a boner and my testacies would run back up into my abdomen. Cheers! 
      October 17, 2019 12:09 PM MDT

He did this.  HE DID THIS.  I cannot believe what an unconscionable moron lives in that fat orange RAPING body.  
      October 17, 2019 1:25 PM MDT

OK - the game of Hypotheticals.
    What could cause me to suddenly have an awareness of being about to slaughter thousands of my allies?
    I've been forced into a military retreat. That would suggest other factors going on, info that I've kept hidden from my nation; perhaps my budget is in a much worse state than my treasurer and government are willing to let on. Or perhaps by allowing the Turks to invade the Kurds, I am seeking to weaken Russia and the Asad regime in Syria.

If it were me, what would I do to support my allies while retreating with my armed forces?
    Probably I'd support them with other resources; assistance with defence training, war strategy and guerilla tactics against the enemy, sophisticated communications, assistance with satellite data, surveillance drones, medical supplies and personnel, regular supplies of food and clean water, bomb shelters with underground schools for kids, emergency evacuation and asylum for the most vulnerable civilians. 
    I'd also mount espionage attacks to weaken the enemy.

The US would also, very likely, take this opportunity to sell high powered weapons and munitions to its allies, probably getting them into deep financial debt.

Of course, if we were playing hypotheticals beyond the realm of this time, there could be other reasons for retreat. In 1350 BCE, both the Hittites and the Egyptians were forced to break off their war over who would conquer the Hurrians of Mitannia (current Kurdistan and N-E Syria to Tyre on the Mediterranean coast) due to a plague. Disease felled more than half their armies.

A series of serious earthquakes could force a temporary retreat. Or a sudden flare of extreme weather events from climate change.

This post was edited by inky at October 17, 2019 6:42 PM MDT
      October 17, 2019 6:33 PM MDT