Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you have any favourite under-rated or lesser-known films from the 1970s?

Do you have any favourite under-rated or lesser-known films from the 1970s?

Posted - October 18, 2019

Responses

Kentucky Fried Movie. Risque, but a cult classic.
      October 18, 2019 4:22 AM MDT

i cant think of one from the 70s.... 

October 18, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

Cutter's Way
    Night Moves
    The Kremlin Letter
    The Onion Field

October 18, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

The Onion Field --  :)

I ended up reading a couple of books about that event after seeing the movie.
      October 18, 2019 7:50 PM MDT

I don't know how well this film was rated or how well it was known but the film is Mr. Majestyk.

Anyway, so here's the story about how I found out about this movie I never heard about.  One time my husband was telling me that when he moved out of his parents' house and into his own apartment one of the first things he did was binge watch every movie his parents wouldn't let him watch as a kid.  He told me that when he was a kid this movie was on TV one night and there was a scene where two guys held someone against a concrete wall while someone else crushed him with a car so his mom covered his eyes with her hands and changed the channel which pretty much guaranteed he was going to remember that scene for the rest of his life and then find out what movie that was from as an adult so he could finish watching it all those years later and then later tell his wife about it when the subject of movies came up in a conversation.

Anyway, the movie has its own inspired t-shirt which I have.

October 18, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

David and Lisa.  Keir Dullea and Janet Margolin I think.  Maybe it was the 60's  

This Sporting Life - Maybe that was the 60's too.  

October 18, 2019 5:54 PM MDT

They were both '60s films. But thanks for the recommendation.
      October 21, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

• An old horror movie from 1977..."The Sentinel".

Starring Burgess Meredith, Chris Sarandon, Ava Gardner, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Walken, Jerry Orbach, Martin Balsam. John Carradine, Beverly D'Angelo...and the list keeps going on.

Never hear it mentioned very often, but I think its a fun watch.
    A good "popcorn and candy" kinda scare.

October 18, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

It scared me! I liked it, too.
    :)

Hi Halloweenie!
      October 18, 2019 7:48 PM MDT

• I just knew it'd be one you've seen. 
    You have exquisite taste my friend.  "HI" right back atcha!
      October 18, 2019 7:58 PM MDT

Yes! You know what they say, great minds think . . . 
      October 18, 2019 7:59 PM MDT

Darn! There's a spoiler in the trailer - now I know "The Sentinel" is one of the good guys!
      October 21, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

It was critically well-received but, based on those in my life, it is lesser known.

I love this movie immensely. And here's a clip of some scenes -- if you haven't seen the movie and plan to, don't watch - ha! But i like this little montage because it uses the movie's music theme! I love composer Georges Delerue's music in the  movie, too! (And he uses a Vivaldi concerto theme to great use, too)

"A Little Romance"  (1979)

October 18, 2019 8:03 PM MDT