Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What WAS for some hundreds of years an AMERICAN REPUBLIC is now a banana republic. Get rid of the banana king, bring back the American?

What WAS for some hundreds of years an AMERICAN REPUBLIC is now a banana republic. Get rid of the banana king, bring back the American?

Posted - October 21, 2019

Responses

You've heard of LION KING? Why not an ORANGATING KING? What is fake news exactly? The banana the king or the republic? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      October 22, 2019 1:26 AM MDT

Trump just called a clause in U.S. Constitution ‘phony’ because his  plan to host G7 scrapped. He was talking about the emoluments clause - a line in the U.S. Constitution that prevents the president and lawmakers from profiting from their offices. So that would be another step towards him being king of a banana republic. Included the lyrics to Banana repuplic by the Boom Town Rats. Cheers!

Banana Republic
    septic isle
    Screaming in the Suffering sea
    It sounds like crying
    Everywhere I go
    Everywhere I see
    The black and blue uniforms
    Police and priests

And I wonder do you wonder
    While you're sleeping with your wh**e
    That sharing beds with history
    Is like a-licking running sores
    Forty shades of green yeah
    Sixty shades of red
    Heroes going cheap these days
    Price; a bullet in the head

Banana Republic
    Septic Isle
    Suffer in the Screaming sea
    It sounds like dying
    Everywhere I go
    Everywhere I see
    The black and blue uniforms
    Police and priests This post was edited by Nanoose at October 22, 2019 1:28 AM MDT
      October 21, 2019 1:37 PM MDT

He is not saying that the clause itself is phony. He is saying that the claim that he is in violation of the clause is false. 
    "George Washington they say had two desks. He had a presidential desk and a business desk. I don't think you people with this phony Emoluments Clause — and by the way, I would say that it's cost me anywhere from $2 [billion] to $5 billion to be president. And that's okay."

Let's read the section of Article 1 of the Constitution: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Now let's define

emolument

Advantage, benefit, profit, or wage received as compensation for being employed or holding an office.

President Trump is not employed by the Trump Organization so it would not apply to him. Just as I own my business...I am not an employee of my business I don't receive an emolument from my business or from my customers. My employees receive an emolument...  Trump does not recieve a paycheck (that is what an EMOLUMENT is) from any foreign gov

A foriegn polician renting a room from the Trump organization is not a compensation for Trump being President it is paying for using another person/business' private property.

October 21, 2019 2:25 PM MDT

I'm not reading this.  You are NOT the President. Don't compare the two.

FIRST OF ALL:  The first thing that LYING sack of cheese said was HE WAS NOT GOING TO DO THIS  EVER.  Remember his speeches on the campaign trail?

He was not going to be involved in ANY business at all except for running the country and you can deflect all you want to, but this guy is MAKING A BUNDLE advertising his crap all over the globe and using his office to profit while NEGLECTING everything else. 

You are so good with stats?  Look up the time he has spent on his golf courses since he was in office.  He was NEVER going to golf again.  HE IS A FAT LOUSY LIAR and you know it.  Don't compare your clean and honest business practices to a louse that doesn't deserve to carry your husband's jockstrap. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 21, 2019 9:00 PM MDT
      October 21, 2019 8:56 PM MDT

((hugs)) Oh Nanooose I never heard of the group or the song but these WORDS? Are they not PERFECT for the subject at hand? Wow! I'm overwhelmed at the particularity and perfection for the specific situation we are in. So I thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and to the attention of others on this thread. It's as if it were written specifically for the US Of A of today. Happy Tuesday m'dear! Wow! That about covers it!
      October 22, 2019 1:31 AM MDT