Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » How many things do you think have been invented that would help save the planet ,but big business buys the product to stop others

How many things do you think have been invented that would help save the planet ,but big business buys the product to stop others

But buissnes buy up all the Patents to stop them being marketed 
An English guy has invented lightweight aluminum batteries that can power heavy trucks and propeller planes.

As you can imagine, the whole car industry is trying their best to stop him....
How many other things are there that's been broughty just so they can't be used...

Posted - October 21, 2019

Responses

An older man told me he saw an electric car drive down the main street in Dallas Texas in 1937.  He felt the same way. 
      October 21, 2019 7:19 PM MDT

And who bought up all the electric cars?  I think that car would have cost a fortune back then.
      October 21, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

See; Jay Leno's Baker Electric.
      October 22, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

Seventeen at least.

What does this mean "buy the product to stop others".    You mean the government buys up a product to stop others from making the product?  I don't get you.  I don't see how that works.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 22, 2019 9:25 AM MDT
      October 21, 2019 7:47 PM MDT

Established car/truck  manafactures and the oil companies buy up most new invention dealing with transport inventions......no companies or governments want free energy ,They both will loose trillions in profit and taxation ,there is also the loss of countless thousand of jobs ,just like the cotton mills two hundred years ago...
      October 21, 2019 9:07 PM MDT

There's no way I could access any patent office, let alone all of them.

I can only say that I've been aware that big business has been doing this for a long time, especially petrochemical companies.

However, there are plenty of ways around these patents because it's always possible to invent a better version.

For instance, NSW University has invented a form of solar roof-tile which can convert the short wavelength-light of cloudy days into electricity. It means the capacity to generate power in all daylight conditions, irrespective of the angle of the sun. Their test have proved *0% higher efficiency than conventional panels, and they are not selling their invention. They still need to design the machinery for mass production but, eventually, the tiles will be manufactured and marketed.
      October 22, 2019 1:24 AM MDT