Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you know the Truth about the Impeachment Inquiry?

Do you know the Truth about the Impeachment Inquiry?

But please, don't let the truth keep you from being ignorant.

Posted - October 22, 2019

Responses

Yes I do. It is an attempt to use the US gov for oppo research by the DNC. The Dem know they cannot win the election so this is their last hope.  They can lie and make it look official by doing it during the "impeachment inquiry."
    They will impeach him. But it will fail in the Senate. 

It as very biased and not following precedent.   It is simply the Dems using our gov and our tax money to do oppo-research against Trump. 

When both Nixon and Clinton were impeached the opposite party had powers to supuenna, to cross examine witnesses, the Presidents lawyers as well. 

There was a special investigator who did the witness interviewing etc. Not an Adam Schiff heading up the investigation.  Yes we had Mueller. But that was a different charge and Mueller cleared Trump of working with the Russians. So the Dems do not want to go that route....Mueller and any new SP will be bound by the law....not need in letting the law get in the way of getting free political dirt. 

This is not a fair investigation. Not a unbiased investigation.  It is a theft of tax money by the DNC. 

They should make it official and vote on the inquiry and open it up to the public.  The are doing it in secret because they know it is bull.  And they know it will not fly in the Senate. 

DNC should pay for their on political dirt....not use our tax money.    

This post was edited by my2cents at October 22, 2019 3:05 PM MDT
      October 22, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

haha
    very funny
    Mueller did NOT clear Trump
    Very clear VERY CLEAR...haha
    Only Barr with his fake news said 
    Trump was cleared...all BS.
      October 22, 2019 1:24 PM MDT

Moron believes truly that the MUELLER REPORT was a witch hunt and he was exonorated somehow.  What a joke.  His base was so quick to jump on the Trump bandwagon one more time, but that was just the beginning of the end for Trump.  Mueller said this was the TIP of the ICEBERG and it is much worse.  And it IS.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 23, 2019 5:03 PM MDT
      October 22, 2019 1:26 PM MDT

From Mueller report "....the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

October 22, 2019 3:27 PM MDT

Uh huh.  Keep singing that song.  No one is listening.  Keep on singing.  There are SO MANY songbirds singing due to subpoenas right now, that you might not be heard over that loud chorus.
      October 22, 2019 3:46 PM MDT

I am not singing. I am quoting verbatim from the Mueller report. I know he was bond by the law. 
      October 22, 2019 3:52 PM MDT

What has that to do with what I said.  Keep singing.  There are SO MANY that are gonna sing that you don't have to sing.

SUB PEEENA   (sung to the song TEQUILA)
      October 22, 2019 7:55 PM MDT

Indeed...
      October 23, 2019 5:02 PM MDT

Interesting that at no point have you pondered that Trump may have actually done something wrong. The oath of office might reveal something to you, but then again, maybe I‘m aiming too high. 

FYI- It is illegal to solicit foreign involvement in US elections. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 23, 2019 5:36 PM MDT
      October 22, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

45 is max distance; go 0 and get close.
      October 22, 2019 3:44 PM MDT

I know that you are a person who is an ALT RIGHT afficionado.   You follow your leaders who are neo nazi sympathizers.  That is all the alt right is.  And you know it.  SIEG TRUMP.

That's what I KNOW.  You guys don't bother me any longer like you should have never bothered me to begin with until the DEVIL took office. Now he will be left in the dustbin of history along with your ideologies.  Time to pack up and go home, dudecycle.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has launched an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump. “The president must be held accountable,” she announced Tuesday. Pelosi has been pressured for months on impeachment, from congressional and grassroots progressives. An intelligence community whistleblower raised concerns over a phone call last July that Trump held with Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, pushing more moderate Democrats to support an impeachment inquiry. Trump admitted that he asked Ukraine to investigate his political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, and his son Hunter Biden, and ordered withholding of Ukrainian aid. Such behavior may rise to the “high crimes and misdemeanors” standard for impeachment. But isn’t Trump already deserving of an impeachment inquiry, many times over?

On May 17, 2017, less than three months into Trump’s presidency, Democratic Congressmember Al Green of Houston was the first to take to the House floor calling for Trump’s impeachment. Within days, Green, who is African American, was receiving death threats. One voicemail threatened: “You ain’t gonna impeach nobody, you [bleep]. Try it, and we’ll lynch all you [bleep]. You’ll be hanging from a tree.”

On Wednesday, the day after Pelosi announced the impeachment inquiry, Green, appearing on the “Democracy Now!” news hour, agreed that the Ukrainian issue was an impeachable offense. “I would also mention the emoluments clause,” he added, “with the president benefiting from persons who are staying in his hotels. … I would also never forget the racism, the bigotry, the xenophobia, the homophobia, the Islamophobia.”

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 23, 2019 5:37 PM MDT
      October 22, 2019 1:04 PM MDT

How many times can one cry WOLF?  How about WITCH?  

LOL   

October 22, 2019 1:30 PM MDT

This has provided me with a new and complete understanding about Trump supporters---I now see that the mental energy involved in the keeping of two sets of mental books about what really is happening versus what they want to think is happening most likely leaves an insufficient amount of that mental energy left to reach reasonable conclusions.

Edit: added a word. This post was edited by tom jackson at October 23, 2019 5:38 PM MDT
      October 22, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

Not that said mental energy was shown as overly abundant in the first place. 
      October 22, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

Yes
      October 22, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

So this is the NON-Fake News? 

If Obama or anyone else, had behaved in the same manner as Trump has, and done anything like what Trump is being looked at for, Alt-right commandos like you would’ve been screaming for his head, long before this point. 

If there were truly nothing to worry about election-wise, as you seem to say, that all of this is just a partisan circus, then why doesn’t your whiny, attention-whore WH buffoon and all of you who worship him just relax and let the chips fall?

Because doubt exists, and justifiably so. 

Hypocrisy exists in great measure on both sides. Don’t pretend you’re immune. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 23, 2019 5:39 PM MDT
      October 22, 2019 3:17 PM MDT

No one knows the truth because both sides are lying to us. One side is just better at it than the other. This post was edited by Zack at October 25, 2019 9:00 AM MDT
      October 22, 2019 8:52 PM MDT

This guy knows the truth - eh?

Mulvaney’s Spin on Ukraine Aid
    October 23, 2019

White House Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney engaged in some serious political spin when he tried to deny what he said in a televised press conference: that the White House withheld security aid to Ukraine, in part, because the administration wanted Ukraine to investigate Democrats and the 2016 election This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at October 23, 2019 7:21 PM MDT
      October 23, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

The truth about the Trump inquiry is quite simple:

Trump #1) solicited a foreign power to investigate a potential political opponent and #2) withheld Congressional approved aid to Ukraine until Ukraine met his demands.

Both are abuses of power.

How we found out about what Trump did is unimportant and does not diminish his guilt---if you murder someone and nobody knows you did it, but the police find out that you probably did it; and then when they investigate it they get a confession from you and a statement from your acting chief of staff that you do murder people (i.e., conduct foreign policy that way), then the whistleblower's testimony is not even necessary anymore.

October 23, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

The various Emoluments lawsuits are still rising through the courts, Tom. The evidence there is more plain even than the obstruction of past investigations he was not acquitted of. 

The Emperor has no clothes. His defenders have no integrity. 

October 23, 2019 4:12 PM MDT

Stick a fork in him - he might be done...

His defender have a lack of critical thinking - What exactly is critical thinking?
    Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at October 23, 2019 10:38 PM MDT
      October 23, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

Careful Beans, what you describe sounds a LOT like scientific method.

We already know how much difficulty Trump and his acolytes have with science.  Lol

October 23, 2019 5:40 PM MDT

Indeed - LOL...
      October 23, 2019 5:53 PM MDT

I just fell in love with your mind.
      October 23, 2019 9:54 PM MDT