Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » To the 17 peeps here who still eat meat, what was the best steak you ever ate?

To the 17 peeps here who still eat meat, what was the best steak you ever ate?

My wife cooked, on electric indoor grill, a couple of tri-tips that I had dry-rubbed two days earlier. It was better than any I had ever had in a restaurant or cooked myself.

Posted - October 24, 2019

Responses

There looks like a lot at steak here and this is not the proper way to meat a young lady.......hehe 
      October 24, 2019 6:18 PM MDT

Vic and Anthony’s Steakhouse at the Golden Nugget Hotel, in Las Vegas. It was a prime ribeye, medium; dry aged, seasoned and grilled to perfection.  
    Cut it with side of my fork. Barely had to chew. I think I licked the plate...or should have. 

October 24, 2019 6:29 PM MDT

There used to be a steak restaurant up in the panhandle that was my favorite place to eat steak and seafood.  It was inland and the locals ate there.  I just  can't recall the name of it right now.  It had the word 'blue' in it.  There were several great places back home for steak.  Having a large Greek population helps always have fantastic restaurants!! 
      October 24, 2019 6:53 PM MDT

I haven't had any steak since Ponderosa and Bonanza Steak houses left town.  All they seem to have around here anymore are buffets. 
      October 25, 2019 8:11 AM MDT

Interestingly. Both, the Ponderosa and Bonanza (different town), I have been to were buffets. 
      October 25, 2019 3:36 PM MDT

It was a steak house in San Antonio TX.  I do not remember the name.  They had the brands of the local cattle farmers on the walls. 

I am not a big steak eater. I prefer a burger. Also it is hard to get a steak house to cook a proper well-done steak. 
      October 25, 2019 10:34 AM MDT

I agree!
    ~
      October 26, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

Like every cow, every steak has its own unique flavor.
    When I wrote that, I just freaked myself out.

Ahhummm.  Where was I. 
    I get intimidated when I cook steak.  It is expensive and I don't ever want to screw it up.
    It really depends on the steak.
    I will say, The Ringside, in Portland, Oregon, is the BEST steak house, EVER known.  They can and will cook your steak to your desires.  It also has an incredible wine selection and deserts to go with your steak.
    I know a little about their secret but I swore I wouldn't tell. This post was edited by Merlin at October 26, 2019 8:41 AM MDT
      October 25, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

I now love you more than I ever have before for your proper use of the word “its”.  Keep this up and we may have to run away together some day. 

~
      October 26, 2019 8:41 AM MDT

It would appear I need to do a little more running around the track than you.  That's alright.  I'll chase you around and around as long as you keep winning.  :) :)
      October 26, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

It's the truth. I love Cousin It and all the forms It comes in.
    :) :)
      October 26, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

i dont know what tri-tipped and dry-rubbed means but it sounds nice. 

I dont know how to translate to english , but it is very tender steak. pretty much like rosbeef. 'filet mignon'  is pretty good
      October 25, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Tri-tip is a cut from the bottom tenderloin. Dry rub is mixed spices with no liquid rubbed all over the meat. For steaks, I use seasoned salt, garlic powder and brown sugar. I wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a couple of days. It tenderizes the meat.
      October 25, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

I have eaten a ton of meat in my life and steak was my favorite meat.

The best steaks were one's my grandma made.  She would take a t-bone and put it on the fire on the stove.  She has a gas stove. And just cook it that way.  I would have mine  rare and put salt and lemon on it.

That was my favorite steak.  Before you dismiss this, TRY IT.  SALT with lemon is fantastic.

Grilled New York Strip Steak with Lemon
    Tim Love
     Jun. 12, 2017 at 5:45 AM

Tim Love's Seared NY Strip
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 26, 2019 11:07 AM MDT
      October 26, 2019 8:45 AM MDT

(one’s ones)  No apostrophe. 

You’re actually advocating that a human being consume animal flesh?  You?  YOU?  I thought you libs believe that vegetarianism is the only way to go? What if Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez learns about this?  Won’t she have her goon squad convert you to the M.A.G.A. side?  

:(

October 26, 2019 8:58 AM MDT

Dismiss it? I'm going to try it. We only eat steak about twice a year.
      October 26, 2019 11:09 AM MDT

Just like my2cents (above), I’m not much into eating steak; I don’t know how to cook it myself, and it was a rarity in my household growing up, so I hardly ever ate it as a child.  When I do eat it, I’m very particular (big surprise there) about how it’s prepared, I only like it when it’s extremely well done. If someone else cooks it, they might do so the way they like it, so I don’t ask for it often. Raw, rare, medium rare, etc., all equate in my mind as bleeding. 
    ~
      October 26, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

Kind of like jerky??
      October 26, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

Prime rib (which is a cut of meat, not a grade) is probably my favorite cut of meat. (And if I get a thick enough rib steak, I will cook it like a rib roast---upright.)

There is a small local meat market a few miles from me that sells prime grade filet mignon.  

A while ago I had them cut the chateaubriand from the tenderloin (about 1 pound).

Cooked it, ate 3/4 of it---and became convinced that heaven must be real.

Usually I buy a full or half loin in cryopak  from Albertson's and cut it up into a chateaubriand and steaks---once, sometimes twice, every 6 weeks or so. usually when it's on sale.
      October 26, 2019 1:04 PM MDT

I went to a famous horse race track called Ascot once and ended up eating my stake money....it was a meating that was more delicious than profitable....:)D
      October 26, 2019 5:09 PM MDT