Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's kinda dumb to "show respect" for someone who doesn't respect anyone but himself. You don't do ya?

It's kinda dumb to "show respect" for someone who doesn't respect anyone but himself. You don't do ya?

Posted - October 26, 2019

Responses

The Bible tells me, as a Christian, I should honor, respect, pray for and obey authorities in positions of government (Romans 13:1). Which, to be honest, can be challenging at times. However, Biblically, I, as a Christian, have a civic duty to honor my national, state and local officials. As long as I'm not being coerced to sin against God or to turn away from Him. If someone feels that, by me obeying God and His Word, makes me "kinds dumb" then so be it.

October 26, 2019 5:38 PM MDT

So you believe GOD wants you to support embrace defend evil. Different strokes ru. I think GOD is weeping when HIS children (motormouth is one of them) behave in evil ways and do harm to everyone who doesn't agree. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday. I am a Christian too and I totally disagree with you. I am also a child of GOD. GOD gave me this brain for a reason. I try to use that gift as best I can. When I see evil I point it out. I don't justify it or ignore it or make it into something it isn't. This post was edited by RosieG at October 27, 2019 3:12 AM MDT
      October 27, 2019 3:11 AM MDT

Actually no, I don't think it's dumb at all.
    Showing disrespect is dangerous, especially around someone who is habitually disrespectful.

All people are capable of feeling pain, which means there is no good reason to behave in any tit-for-tat way.
    If the behaviours are negative then responding in kind only exacerbates the situation.

"A soft answer turneth away wrath."

This post was edited by inky at October 26, 2019 6:10 PM MDT
      October 26, 2019 6:09 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply bw. I disagree with you completely. GOD gave me this brain to use. HE gave me a voice to speak out. HE gave me eyes to see what is going on. I think GOD would prefer that I speak my truth than to ignore what is going on or try to justify it as a wondrous thing. I would be disrespectful to GOD if I just floated through life being very careful not to anger anyone. It's my job to speak my truth in my opinion. You disagree. So? GOD made you too. How do we reconcile that disparity? I'm not that smart. I don't think we can. We follow different paths. 
      October 27, 2019 3:15 AM MDT

I respect your point of view.
      October 27, 2019 7:17 AM MDT

No many of us were brought up to respect everybody as that was civilized and congenial.  Plus you get a lot further with respect than disrespect. 
      October 26, 2019 6:17 PM MDT

When some BOZO whom you are paying money to serve you does not only NOT serve you, but does everything in his power to steal and lie to you?  

Why in blazes would you respect that any more than the police do to a murderer.  Sure they show them some respect, like you would to any sick animal, but that does not count as respect like you feel for someone you honor.
      October 26, 2019 6:19 PM MDT

There's a difference between having no respect for a particular set of behaviours, and not respecting the person.
    I agree with you about Trump's behaviour; he hasn't said or done anything that I consider beneficial for America or her allies or the world.
    He does have a problematic personality because he's clearly a psychopath - and there's not a psychologist anywhere who disagrees with that view. But that is precisely what makes him extremely dangerous.

There's a particular way of looking at respect. One could regard it as sensible caution or fear.
    At one level one is prudent to fear the consequences of crossing anyone's boundaries.
    But when dealing with a psychopath disrespect can be fatal.

If the constitution permitted it, Trump would shut down all media except those that trumpet his causes and opinions.
    If he could, he would be a tyrant.
    Fortunately, the US constitution has enshrined freedom of speech and the independence of the justice system, so that there are checks and balances against the advent of a person just like Trump.

I know it's hard watching so many travesties happening under his auspices - especially the situation for the Kurds -
    but these things are temporary. He will most likely be dumped at the next election. Even many Republicans are appalled by what he does.

This post was edited by inky at October 26, 2019 6:40 PM MDT
      October 26, 2019 6:38 PM MDT

So you respect EVIL? You respect those that harm others? Your choice. Your life. I disagree with thee completely. I could not be that if GOD commanded me to do that and I very much doubt that GOD would do that. He gave me this BRAIN to use as best I can. I do. Whatever og. We don't agree. Doesn't matter at all. You take whatever path in life makes sense to you. I do too. Thank you for your reply.
      October 27, 2019 3:17 AM MDT

I respect people who earn it.
      October 26, 2019 6:20 PM MDT

I don't respect anyone who harms others. I respect those who are kind and caring and reach out to help others. That is what makes sense to me Sharon. Nothing else does. I do what makes sense for me. Others may disagree. Not my problem. Thank you for your reply.
      October 27, 2019 3:18 AM MDT