Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Family » If you know how your biological parents met, which of them worked harder to pursue the other, your mother or your father? ~

If you know how your biological parents met, which of them worked harder to pursue the other, your mother or your father? ~

Posted - October 27, 2019

Responses

• My mother hooked and reeled my dad in
    before he ever even had a chance to realize what was happening. 

October 27, 2019 12:30 AM MDT

Childhood sweethearts. They met on the first day of kindergarten and didn't like each other much. They remet at their church youth group as teens and clicked.
      October 27, 2019 12:32 AM MDT

Which one of them worked harder to pursue the other?

:|
      October 27, 2019 6:46 AM MDT

There was no pursuit, their paths intersected.
      October 28, 2019 2:00 AM MDT

I answered this and had to delete it.  Wrong set of parents. Ahhhh! ;) :)
    Please let me try again.
    Yes.  I do know how my biological met.  As I understand it, there was a mutual attraction for one another.  They did as most college kids do in their courting behavior.   After that, I'm sure it went like this.  Just substitute mom and my father in for Globugz. 

This post was edited by Merlin at October 27, 2019 2:21 AM MDT
      October 27, 2019 2:19 AM MDT

My father made the first move.
      October 27, 2019 9:33 AM MDT

From what I gather ,it was pretty much kismet .....my mum was out with her identical sister and my dad was pretty upset about only being able to take one home....There is no doubt about that my dad is greedy, but in this case he could only take one home.....it was actually my mum the took the lead and put him on a leash and they are still together and my mum makes dam sure he can't escape ........:) 
      October 27, 2019 5:04 AM MDT

They were high school sweethearts. 
      October 27, 2019 5:06 AM MDT

Which one of them worked harder to pursue the other?

:|
      October 27, 2019 6:44 AM MDT

I do not know. 
      October 27, 2019 7:21 AM MDT

My mother. She was 19 years younger than my father.
    Mum first met him in a painting studio when she was 16.
    He was disinterested in her, but she couldn't forget him.

Years later, both were married but to other spouses.
    Dad to an heiress who had become an alcoholic, no children and the marriage on the rocks.

My Mum's marriage was in England, to the Professor of Cinolology at Oxford.
    He was caught having an affair with one of his PhD students at a time when homosexuality was illegal; he was sent down for communism to save the university's reputation for something considered much worse.
    At the same time, Mum's mother had a hard attack, so she returned to Australia.
    Her mother recovered so Mum returned to the artist's colony where Dad lived.
    After a dinner party that remained infamous with that social circle for the rest of their lives,
    my mother seduced my father.
    She had taken out her Dutch cap to ensure that she got pregnant. She did not tell Dad that that's what she was doing. It was her intent to catch him.
    Dad's wife came home, found them in bed together, reacted with anger and demanded a divorce - which was what Dad had wanted for a long time anyway.

Eventually both Mum and Dad divorced, though, by the time they married, I had already been born.

I pieced together the whole story from their separate stories.
      October 27, 2019 7:11 AM MDT

But I don't think its always a matter of the pursuer and the pursued.  Probably mostly not. People get into a relationship and they come to an understanding.  Seventy years ago the mature and desirable thing to do was to marry.  My mother was a beautiful socialite and my father industrious and full of business ideas.  I would guess the attraction was mutual.
      October 27, 2019 8:55 AM MDT