Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Business » Do you have any funny, weird, strange, silly or spooky true-life stories about rivalries between your employer and its competitors? ~

Do you have any funny, weird, strange, silly or spooky true-life stories about rivalries between your employer and its competitors? ~

Example:  

Posted - October 27, 2019

Responses

I answered this one already...what happened? Oh, well. Same answer.

I wish...there was nothing funny about the cold ward.
      October 27, 2019 5:21 PM MDT

I don't have a true-life answer but I can make one up?!

What I do have is a VERY True-Life, Out-Loud Giggle from the Merlin household.
    Both Don and I cracked up over the picture!! This post was edited by Merlin at October 28, 2019 6:44 AM MDT
      October 27, 2019 6:32 PM MDT

Lol!  Actually, the picture is the only reason for the post in the first place. 

October 28, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

Nope. We don't really have competitors. 
      October 27, 2019 6:38 PM MDT

I got called in to do "reputation management" for a client once upon a time. Basically, he beat someone else out on a business deal, and that someone happened to be wealthy and influential. Big mistake. Within a matter of weeks the guy's competitor launched a smear campaign of epic proportions. By the time the guy was done with him, there were stories saying he was a liar and thief, working with the mafia, and hated one of the largest religions in his city. None of it was true, but it killed his reputation enough that he wasn't able to work after that. The same competitor did this with another guy as well, but that guy ended up leaving the country over it. I call that spooky. 
      October 27, 2019 10:23 PM MDT

The power of gossip is truly amazing.
      October 27, 2019 11:04 PM MDT