Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The trump HATES California. Could he have paid an arsonist to set our state on fire from north to south? Whatcha think?

The trump HATES California. Could he have paid an arsonist to set our state on fire from north to south? Whatcha think?

Posted - November 1, 2019

Responses

Could have.   But it comes down to PG&E not doing their job and maintaining their properties (easements) by cutting and trimming trees with could cause fires and blackouts. 

A judge ordered them to bring their properties up to speed but they claim it would cost too much....$150B  to comply.  And would have to 5x their bills to customers.  Sounds like they are too big and should be broken up so upkeep can be managed. 
      November 1, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

Climate change plays a bigger part as does forest management. Climate change has resulted in less snowpack in the Sierras, and thus less spring runoff and drier vegetation. The Santa Ana and Diablo winds have also become more intense.
    As to forest management, budget cuts to the federal forestry department has resulted in poor vegetation management, particularly overgrowth of invasive grasses which burn well and aren't effective in holding the topsoil.
      November 1, 2019 9:56 PM MDT

They were/are not doing there job. They paid companies to trim/cut but those companies faked the paperwork got paid without doing the work. PG&E not smart enough to follow up. 

If it is climate change then that is all the more reason to maintain you stuff. If they cannot then they are either too big or incompetent either way it needs fixed. PG&E are not the gov so funding has nothing to do with it.

I got theory that CA environmental laws probably play into this but have not found that link yet. This post was edited by my2cents at November 2, 2019 6:20 AM MDT
      November 2, 2019 5:57 AM MDT

I dunno m2c. In all my years here(82 minus 3 in detroit and 5 in Massachusetts) I don't remember a year like this. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 2, 2019 10:48 AM MDT

I would hope not..  To be fair he would struggle to think of it.. not known for his prowess in the thinking thing :P
      November 1, 2019 2:50 PM MDT

I'm sure stephen miller did and has his ear 24/7. The motormouth is an emptyhead that is filled daily by whomever gets to him last providing it is in compliance with the orders he gets from Putin. Sigh. How low e have fallen since the reign of terror began in January 2017. Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Saturday to thy?
      November 2, 2019 2:15 AM MDT

If he did, there are over 2 million residents here who would snipe him in an instant.
      November 1, 2019 3:58 PM MDT

It may be my faulty memory Shuhak but I cannot remember ever having so many fires in such a short time. We get Santa Ana winds every year. Why is this year so much worse in terms of fires? I put nothing past motormouth. There is no low too low for him to go. I don't know whether anyone will be investigating and inspected to see if arson may be involved. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 2, 2019 9:27 AM MDT
      November 2, 2019 2:17 AM MDT

Most (if not all) fires are started by stupid people.  PG&E/SoCal Edison (not maintaining their infrastructure), people evading the law (car chases), welding in dry grass, mowing dry grass/leaves, homeless camps (had a guy burn used toilet paper on a very windy day here once that burned down a good chunk of the county); dragging chains on their cars instead of tying them up, tossing cigarettes, parking in tall dry grass, and  good ol' arson (we actually had a guy start 3 fires here the other day to "get back at PG&E").
    I'm not beyond trump doing something like it, but considering how many fires are started (as stated above), he may not be smart enough to do it.
      November 2, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

Why are there so many more now than before? Did any electric company ever do this on such a large scale? Something's happening. What it is ain't so clear. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at November 3, 2019 2:01 AM MST
      November 2, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

Trump probably does hate California, many people do which is probably why so many are moving out of the state. Did Trump hire arsonists? I highly doubt that. Bottom line is that California needs to stop blaming Trump and everyone else for their problems and begin to take responsibility for their own actions.
      November 1, 2019 8:33 PM MDT

I expect you are including yourself among the "many" people who hate us. Please tell me WHY. Thank you for your reply.
      November 3, 2019 1:04 AM MST

No.   He has caused it in his own cheap way, but he didn't lite a match.  He has caused it through neglecting any support of creating a safe ecological environment.  He lights matches that cannot be traced back to him.  Not in any way we can fry him for.  It is so obvious. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 3, 2019 1:04 AM MST
      November 2, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon and Happy Sunday! :
      November 3, 2019 1:05 AM MST

A correspondent on another forum told me the power company wanted to trim trees that are too close to power lines but were prevented from doing so by environmental campaigners; apparently by legal action, not physical interference.

I don't know if that is true, but if so I wonder if the campaigners have spotted the irony?
      November 3, 2019 3:13 PM MST

No I don't think Trump would do that but he wouldn't do it because it would be wrong - he wouldn't do it because he would eventually be under pressure to give out disaster relief money which he figures could be better spent on his wall plus forest fires take away his media coverage. Cheers! 
      November 3, 2019 3:24 PM MST