Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » How long are you generally able to wear a pair of socks before a hole appears in one? Do you then toss it and buy new or keep wearing it?

How long are you generally able to wear a pair of socks before a hole appears in one? Do you then toss it and buy new or keep wearing it?

Posted - November 5, 2019

Responses

I live in socks because I hate wearing shoes. I love shoes, I have a lot of them, but I cannot keep any one pair on for too long before I kick them off because they are never comfortable for hours and hours.  And when I am in the spa massaging people I get in trouble if I am barefoot running around the spa.  They freak when I do that which is OFTEN. So, socks work great.  They are black and they look like shoes when you are not really looking closely.  I guess that I pass that test because there is not flesh color peeking out from my pants.  

So, I go through a lot of socks because I wear them like shoes.  I buy a dozen or so men's socks in small and make sure they are cotton and stretchy and I'm good to go for a few months before they get lost or ripped to shreds somehow.  

THE END. I hope you took notes. I will not repeat this again.  Thank you for this question, Twinkie, because I am not going to buy these socks. I love them.

Bone socks.These would be perfect for teaching anatomy
    Bone socks.These would be perfect for teaching anatomy
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 5, 2019 12:29 PM MST
      November 5, 2019 9:52 AM MST

My socks last a long time. I do not wear them outside without shoes. I throw them out as soon as I see a hole or they get thin. 
      November 5, 2019 9:54 AM MST

We are very different in our sock maintenance. 
      November 5, 2019 9:54 AM MST

• I have been known to just put two pair on each foot
    once they start to become thin. 
    Don't judge me. 
    LOL!
      November 5, 2019 9:56 AM MST

Get these shoes on @Wheretoget or see more #shoes #platform_shoes #creepers

These hose would work if she lost those shoes.  GOD. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 5, 2019 9:59 AM MST
      November 5, 2019 9:58 AM MST

Me too! 
      November 5, 2019 12:34 PM MST

• As a kid it happened often because I'd walk around the house in my socks, but I don't really do that anymore, so I can keep socks for years. I recently gave away some socks that were years old but still had no holes. 
      November 5, 2019 10:04 AM MST

Anything from 6 months to 2 years. If the toe wears out first, I will mend it. Increasingly often now I find it's the heel that wears through first, possibly because I get dry skin on my heels, and if that happens I don't usually mend it, just carry on wearing it until it becomes unwearable. This post was edited by Reverend Muhammadovsky at May 19, 2021 10:12 PM MDT
      November 5, 2019 10:32 AM MST

I used to be THAT person who had two colors of socks: black and white. I would never wash them and just throw them out after the first wear.
    No joke, I would buy a pack (or two) each week and always wear brand new socks each day. I did have a few that were ornate and expensive that I kept for very special occasions, but normally, it was wear and out hey go!

Now I will wear them until they tear then I toss them because holes annoy me especially when my toes stick through them in my shoes.

November 5, 2019 12:32 PM MST

Socks last ages with BRITISH QUALITY, when a hole appears I throw them out.
    I am a London person.
      November 8, 2019 1:40 PM MST

All socks have to have at least one hole in them so you can get them on ya feet or foot    :)
      November 8, 2019 3:38 PM MST

Nowadays life's too short for darning. 
      November 11, 2019 1:49 PM MST