Discussion » Questions » Jobs » To you, what would be the best job ever?

To you, what would be the best job ever?

Posted - November 5, 2019

Responses

The one I love and that pays immensely well.
      November 5, 2019 6:36 PM MST

I didn't phrase that very well -- I mean, it would be a job that I love and a job that also monetarily paid really, really well. And 'best' can only apply to what I think is best for me. I guess I can only speak for myself on what would be best.
    Yet, on the other hand, I talk about "best" all the time out there in life and on this site.

Geez , what the h am  I saying? I don't know.

-- I just got done raking leaves that took forever. Great exercise but I think my mind is raked ,too.
    :)

It didn't really take forever because I did finish.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 7, 2019 3:31 AM MST
      November 6, 2019 11:10 AM MST

Mapping the sea floor with LIDAR or side scan, whatever they use these days.  I've been out of that for a while.  Whatever it is I'm pretty sure you can only get accurate bathymetry (sp?) in good weather, so no long cruises and only in good weather - part time.  Oh, and you can fish while you are towing or scanning or whatever.  We can keep whatever we catch because we have to send the stomachs off for content analysis - a sacrifice for science, you know. The techs take care of all that, of course but I, BOSS OF SEAFOOD, decide what happens to our catch.  Hmmm, where shall we map next? Tonga? Vanuatu? Bonaire? sp?  We need to bio-sample as many of the reefs and wrecks we find with hook, line and spear.  Did I tell you about the accommodations?  Whenever we're in a new port the _______________(fill in the blank of your favorite global agency) sets us up with housing, a leased car (no limit), and an "expense" account.  Shall I go on? 
      November 5, 2019 7:38 PM MST

To be a grain of sand counter at the beach or looking for big foot in the mountains. 
      November 5, 2019 8:46 PM MST

Writing!  
      November 5, 2019 11:14 PM MST

I work at the movie theater in the shopping mall.
    My favorite shift is ticket taking.
    I like to see a lot of people.

November 6, 2019 10:38 AM MST

I'm overthinking this question.
    Hmmm.
    One that brings me wealth in health, happiness, and a financial buffer of 2,000,000 dollars.

November 7, 2019 3:43 AM MST

I like to make things tidy, but I don't like strenuous jobs. I saw someone at an upscale grocery store who sat on a chair with wheels and wen down the aisles, straightening bags, boxes and cans into perfect rows with the labels facing out. That's my kind of job.
      November 7, 2019 4:23 AM MST

I always wanted to make my own company one day.... Like imagine having a factory , and producing stuffs and mass selling them to stores .

lot of money to make but its a dream very hard to reach

id like to have that so i can really make money...

like buy a house, maybe move to another country, etc

November 11, 2019 10:08 AM MST

That would be a lovely job.  A lot of work but that's good.  Look what it did for Toledo! 
    Did you have a specific country in mind?  I might point out WalMart kind of has a monopoly on the United States at the moment. This post was edited by Merlin at November 11, 2019 11:58 AM MST
      November 11, 2019 11:58 AM MST

I love my job.  I could fine tune it so there is no complaints from management and clients and more money, but on the whole, I love it.
      November 11, 2019 12:12 PM MST