Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Someone referred to social security as "unearned income". Do you think of social security as a welfare handout?

Someone referred to social security as "unearned income". Do you think of social security as a welfare handout?

For lazy bums and losers and misfits and do-nothings?

Why?

Posted - November 6, 2019

Responses

I paid into SS!  MY money, not the governments.  It came out of MY paycheck!  That means I EARNED it!!  I slaved for "the man" to get that money!   Yet, by the time I become eligible for SS it may not be there because they frivolously waste it! 
    Case in point - My 39 year old niece is paid (several hundred $$/month) from SS to take care of her own 6-year old kid, just because he has "problems" (he's a brat!).   I'm not against her being paid, but rather that it comes out of SS.
      November 6, 2019 2:21 PM MST

Your view is based on TRUTH m'dear but that never stops those who want to beat down anything that is helpful to people. I worked my a** off for over 45 years and PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY with every paycheck. If I don't draw on my own funds that were set aside all those years who is gonna get the benefit of it? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday Shuhak! :)
      November 7, 2019 4:49 AM MST

Who was that? I doubt anyone would say that, considering that one needs to work in order to qualify.
      November 6, 2019 2:30 PM MST

• For many it is unearned income. One of the strains on the system is this practice of paying persons who never worked or paid into the system, through SSI "benefits"
      November 6, 2019 3:02 PM MST