Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Apparently bacteria brainfree. What about amoebas? Same or smarter than bacteria? Maybe Lindsay Graham is amoeba not bacterium. Ya think?

Apparently bacteria brainfree. What about amoebas? Same or smarter than bacteria? Maybe Lindsay Graham is amoeba not bacterium. Ya think?

Posted - November 7, 2019

Responses

I don't think there is much difference between an amoeba and a bacterium except in size and possibly motility (though some bacteria can move by a flagellum). Both will react to stimuli but being single-celled, neither can be said to have a brain.

I'll let you decide where that leaves Lindsay Graham, a name unknown to me anyway....  
      November 8, 2019 2:47 PM MST

Apologies m'dear. Senator Lindsay Graham early on had no use for donald trump and said so. Now? You'd think they had been best buddies forever. He sucks up shamelessly to the donald and makes excuses for him just like any other toady sycophant. He calls the Ukraine scandal phony and said he has no plans to read any transcripts. It shocks and stupendifies me how immoral and corrupt all these pols who are sucking up to and protecting donaldtrump are. It also frightens me and I wonder how extensive it is. SIGH. So when bacteria or amoebas react it is involuntary then? I wonder how they perceive the world. I wonder if some of them are popular and some are duds. I also wonder why I'm wondering this. Maybe to take a break from the bleak reality we face vis a vis a donaldjohntrump president who is a total wackadoodle crackpot for whom a bazillion people are trashing their lives and reputations. I don't get it. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Saturday! :) Oh I don't know if you know who Senator John McCain was. Graham and he were best buds. The donald hated McCain for being a war hero and also for defying him and so he vilified him in life and still does in death. If some rat did that to a good friend friend of mine I sure as heck wouldn't be kissing his a** but that is what Lindsay Graham does. How he lives with himself is beyond my understanding. I think I'm gonna ask about it.
      November 9, 2019 12:31 AM MST

It's my humble opinion that Lindsey "I have a girl's name" Graham is more like a paramecium.  
    Let's review the facts:
    Paramecia are very abundant in stagnant basins, ponds, swamps and the like. If you think about how that two-faced, backstabbing, lying little fruit thrives very well in Trump's wastewater, I believe he is of the genus Paramecium 

This post was edited by Jon at November 9, 2019 12:38 AM MST
      November 8, 2019 3:20 PM MST

option opinion
      November 8, 2019 3:23 PM MST

I have an "EDIT" button to correct a typo. 
    ...and I celebrate Christmas
      November 8, 2019 3:42 PM MST

Good for you.
      November 8, 2019 4:36 PM MST

Thanks, Randy
      November 8, 2019 4:37 PM MST

• Oh for God's sake stop arguing.  You're both pretty.
      November 8, 2019 4:38 PM MST

He didn't leave me any opinions options

November 8, 2019 4:44 PM MST

:):):)
      November 9, 2019 12:44 AM MST

November 9, 2019 12:44 AM MST

I AM NOT RANDY! LOL.
      November 8, 2019 8:13 PM MST

LOL

November 9, 2019 9:05 AM MST

November 9, 2019 12:42 AM MST

):):)
      November 9, 2019 12:42 AM MST

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! TOUCHE! Good one for which I thank thee profusely Goatzart! That is hilarious and absolutely disgusting at the same time...yes I'm still giggling! I think you nailed it. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply. I didn't even think of that so that is an excellent catch! Happy Saturday m'dear! :):):):):):)
      November 9, 2019 12:41 AM MST

Thank God for good, old-fashioned northeast (where the school systems are the best!!) education where I obtained my knowledge of parasites and miro-organisms

AND 

THANK YOU FOR BEST ANSWER! lol
      November 9, 2019 8:57 AM MST

You're very welcome m'dear and THANK YOU back. Anytime ya wanna hang out here Goatzart I will look forward to it! Seriously! :)
      November 9, 2019 8:58 AM MST

You're welcome. I've been trying to avoid politics lately, but every so often, I get a little bee that bites me on the hiney and I need to scratch that itch. LOL

November 9, 2019 9:02 AM MST

I totally understand. Whatever appeals to you is fine. If nothing does that's fine too. I just ask whatever I want to ask and then let the chips fall where they may. I have fun asking. It's fun responding to those who answer. When the day is done and I've had my fun I hope others have had theirs too! :) I like that. I'm gonna ask.
      November 9, 2019 9:08 AM MST