Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you habitually procrastinate? If so, do you know why you do it? If anyone reading is a former procrastinator, how did you stop?

Do you habitually procrastinate? If so, do you know why you do it? If anyone reading is a former procrastinator, how did you stop?

I've toyed with the idea of starting a support group for procrastinators, but I just keep putting it off. (ba-dum-tsh) 

Posted - November 11, 2019

Responses

I'm always trying to procrastinate, but I keep putting it off.
      November 11, 2019 9:47 PM MST

I was never a procrastinator until the last five years or so.  But, there are projects in my house that I have put off and put off.  I want them done but it's like I just can't do it.  I go to bed many nights saying I'm going to get started on such and such tomorrow, but then I just don't want to.  I'm puzzled by this, actually. 
      November 11, 2019 10:20 PM MST

I'll get around to answering this eventually.
      November 11, 2019 11:10 PM MST

*Randolph D thinks: “You know, this is a very interesting question, I’m going to answer it. Well, maybe not this exact minute, but soon. Real soon.  Yep, I’ll get right onto it. Maybe when I wake up tomorrow, or better yet, why not when I get back home from work tomorrow evening. No, that’s no good either; I might be busy. I could do it on the weekend, but if I miss it then, there’s always that business trip I have  coming up next Monday.  There will be a long layover where I usually do crossword puzzles or listen to podcasts. Of course, there’s also the hotel room. The continental breakfast gives a calm, relaxing atmosphere while I wait for the shuttle to take me to the seminar, or during lunch I can slip away for a few minutes of alone time, or I could just wait to log on after the day’s meetings are over. No, no, I have to tackle that scheduling report during the trip, and it’s pretty time-consuming. I do have two vacation days coming to me after returning from the trip, I could putter around the house for a bit and take care of it then.   Hmmm, Thanksgiving Week comes up soon, there should be plenty of time then if Aunt Prunella doesn’t need me strain her cauliflower dip through the cheese grinder or continually unravel her support hose again. Things get more relaxing the weekend after Thanksgiving, since I don’t go in for all the shopping madness, but I am planning to start hanging the Christmas lights at that time. I could forego that for a while to answer this question, but wait, I could also set aside a few spare moments . . . awww, heck, I’m not kidding anybody. I’ll just do it in the year 2020 along with all my other projects from 2017 to the present. Grrrrrrrr.”

~
      November 11, 2019 11:31 PM MST

Cauliflower dip??? Can you please ask Aunt Prunella for her recipe for me?
      November 14, 2019 6:06 AM MST

August 12, 2020 8:01 AM MDT

For real. I need that cauliflower dip in my mouth!!

Tick-tock, Mr. D. 2020 is just flying by. :P
      August 12, 2020 7:09 PM MDT

Hmmmmm, now that I’m retired, I suppose I could mosey on over to Aunt Prunella’s house sometime by the end of this month, but then again, we have soooooo much time until Thanksgiving . . . 

~

August 12, 2020 10:44 PM MDT

I'm actually the worlds leading expert .....,why on earth  do today what can easilly be put off till tomorrow or even not at all .....
     I believe on the Theroy that if you have important things to think of and deal with ,sleep on it and when you wake ,think about sleeping on it again......
    Sometimes  being blonde is an asset.....as it helps tremendously with just sweeping things under the carpet and let the out of sight ,out of mind syndrome thing take over...

Now what is that I can help you with again ! 
      November 12, 2019 3:40 AM MST

• I love procrasturbation.

Sometimes I fantasize that everyone is dawdling with me.
      November 12, 2019 3:53 AM MST

If you linger here longer ,you might just find owt    :)
      November 12, 2019 5:46 AM MST

Well, you all are a LOT of help!!!

I'm going to do some research on the subject, then maybe I'll offer a seminar for you all! 

I suspect that it has something to do with that huge sense of relief and satisfaction that comes when you FINALLY get done whatever it is that you've been putting off until the last minute. 

I'll let you all know when I get around to investigating. (Please don't hold your breath!)
      November 14, 2019 6:13 AM MST