Goatzart the Goatzarion
Reverend Muhammadovsky
VERY STRONG BULLY
rusureamisure?
Danilo_G
SpunkySenior
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Why is it that when I take a shower my right arm bends to reach all parts of my body but when I use my left arm it's ungainly and awkward?

Why is it that when I take a shower my right arm bends to reach all parts of my body but when I use my left arm it's ungainly and awkward?

Is it because my left part of my brain is in control but my right side is nearly dead?

Posted - November 12

• 2987
    Most of us have greater dexterity with one hand or the other.
    In both animals and humans, 90% favour the right and most of the remainder favour the left to a greater or lesser degree. Only about 1% of mammals are totally ambidextrous. The tendencies are genetically inherited with the non-right being the less dominant trait.

Because the brain and nervous system are plastic (modifiable), one can, if one wishes, become more evenly handed and footed by practising more with the less dominant side. Exercise regimes like yoga, ballet and martial arts work strongly to develop balance.
    If one draws, paints or writes with the opposing hand, it can help to access creativity. It can also help access unconscious memories.

November 12, 2019 11:28 PM MST
    1

• 6128
    Perhaps you've had a stroke. Call 911.
      November 13, 2019 12:21 AM MST
    1