Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » As a teen, did you have zits?

As a teen, did you have zits?

Posted - November 13, 2019

Responses

No, although he was captain of the debate club.  However, when things finally came to a head they had to remove him.
      November 13, 2019 4:22 PM MST

• Thankfully, no. I've always had a smooth face. :)

I had other disadvantages as a teen, but acne wasn't one of them. 
      November 13, 2019 6:33 PM MST

I had oily skin and it was back in the 60's when there were few products to make skin look great.  We knew zilch about diet and makeup was thick foundation.    Thank god I did not suffer more than a few zits here and there.  
      November 13, 2019 6:55 PM MST

• No.  I was lucky to have a clear complexion.  I had enough other stuff to deal with.
      November 13, 2019 7:04 PM MST

Is the pope Catholic? Do bears crap in the woods?
      November 13, 2019 7:17 PM MST

And I thought the Pope was Jewish.
      November 13, 2019 9:21 PM MST

LOL
      November 13, 2019 9:55 PM MST

I have two older siblings, two younger siblings, a slew of cousins both older and younger.  Throw on the mix neighbor children and classmates too. As I grew up, I saw many examples of others going through the ravages of puberty before it was my turn. My elder sister was one of the main ones: she waged daily battle against blackheads, zits, pimples, the lot. Throughout my teenage years, I braced myself for the day that acne would overtake not just my face but my entire head. My apprehensions were all in vain: to this day I have never had even an oily spot on my face. 

~
      November 13, 2019 7:50 PM MST

I got a lot of things and that includes zits.
      November 13, 2019 7:57 PM MST

No.  I had a few red bumps on my forehead a few times but never with white pus or anything like that.  I wore my hair with bangs and mom told me to pull them back away from my face when I had the bumps.  I probably had less complexion trouble than anyone I knew.  One of my daughter had quite a bit, but the other was like me...very lucky.  
      November 13, 2019 9:45 PM MST

I had a few here and there, but nothing serious.  Of course, when you're a teenager, even the smallest pimple looks to you like the beacon on a lighthouse.
      November 14, 2019 7:59 AM MST

I sure did!! and of course hated it......also had OILY skin......ugh..

but as a makeup artist I learned many things about taking care of your skin..and I learned that IF YOU HAVE OILY, ACNE-PRONE SKIN AS A TEEN, YOU WILL HAVE WONDERFUL SKIN AS AN ADULT!!

and I'm living proof!!!  am 78 now and for many years have enjoyed my 'clear' skin!!

so don't despair, you oily teens!!!

and by the way......USE A GENTLE LIQUID CLEANSER, LIKE CETAPHIL OR PURPOSE. no soap!!!   NO extremes of water temp on your skin, ever...........warm to cool, NOT HOT OR COLD.  goes for showering, too.....

Exfoliate 1 or 2 x a week, USE BAKING SODA AND WATER....make a paste in your palm, gently massage after you rinsed your facial cleanser off.........go over your face 2 - 3 times,,,RINSE RINSE RINSE with COOL NOT COLD water.

then use a moisturizer for oily skin............

you are now on your way to a lifetime of great skin.

OF COURSE YOUR EATING HABITS WILL COUNT TOO...so skip the fast food garbage!  eaT REAL FOOD........

all for now....
      December 29, 2019 12:03 PM MST

Yes.

One time I was so frustrated with my skin that I was in shower and scrubbed my face so hard that I broke my skin badly and developed impetigo. 
      September 8, 2022 6:58 PM MDT