Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Republican COURAGE? Oxymoron if there ever were one! The only COURAGEOUS REPUBLICANS?

Republican COURAGE? Oxymoron if there ever were one! The only COURAGEOUS REPUBLICANS?

Those who have left the "party" and dumped the label. More and more there are more and more of them.

The less brave ones are just leaving politics altogether. IN DROVES. They cannot stand what REPUBICAN stands for now but are too cowardly to speak up so they just slink away to get out of the line of fire.

How the mighty have fallen. What the REPUBLICAN PaRTY WAS AT ITS BEST no longer exists. The dementia don said he wanted to blow everything up. Betcha the GOP didn't know he included them. But he** they don't mind. They bobblehead and kiss a** daily. No worries. No problem. As long as they kiss a** and do what he wants they will be safe. Who could ask for anything more?

Posted - November 16, 2019

Responses

One of the bravest (McCain) died less than a year ago, and there are still quite a few who are veterans. Too broad a brush, m'dear. Of course Cadet Bonespurs and his cohort are pee-yellow chickensh**s, but the GOP is a much bigger school than that.
      November 16, 2019 5:55 AM MST

"Too broad"? How? Yes I did admire John McCain from the moment during the campaign against Barack Obama when an old woman told him that Obama wasn't an American and McCain said otherwise in no uncertain terms. And he thumbs down on killing the AHCA which is why dementia don still vilifies him even though he died. So if you elucidate and give me some examples of whatcha mean by "broad brush" it would be helpful. Now in painting a house isn't a BROAD BRUSH far preferable than a teeny tiny one? Just askin'! :)
      November 16, 2019 6:01 AM MST

A broad brush is good for painting over flat surfaces all the same colour, but useless for picking out detail. People are details - and if you paint the whole party yellow, you're going to splash a few brave souls who don't deserve it. Brave doesn't necessarily equal smart. There are bound to be some foolhardily brave but dumb folks who support him.
      November 16, 2019 6:06 AM MST

Oh I see. You think there are current Republicans who still call themselves Republicans who are brave souls though they remain silent under the radar? I think you know me well enough by now over all these years R. You speak and stand up and say what you think whether you get flak for it or applause. It matters not. Remaining silent presumes acceptance approval. I find nothing "brave" about silence and safety. So I stand by my assessment. Which BRAVE REPUBLICANS who are still in office can you list as an example of "brave"? I'm not being smart a**. I see none. If you see some by all means educate me. Criminy you have been doing that for well OVER A DECADE. I can take it.  Thank you for your reply m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 16, 2019 6:25 AM MST
      November 16, 2019 6:24 AM MST

In office, or simply a party member? Jeb is no coward. He has spoken openly against Trump and many other conservatives over immigration and Common Core, as well as publicly decrying "an orthodoxy that doesn't allow for disagreement". Lindsey Graham is a veteran, although not a combatant as he was never deployed to an active zone. He also refused to endorse Trump (having first backed Bush3, then Kasich). Still serving as Senator from South Carolina. Although I despise Cruz, he's no chicken - just stump dumb.
      November 16, 2019 6:44 AM MST

In office. read the question again. I said the only ones who are brave are those who left office R. But those in office, Especially those wanting to be re-elected. Like moscow mitch that son of an itch. They are the ones WITH THE POWER TO ACT who don't. They are cowed by their cowardice and fear. The folks who leave relinquish power to do anything. But they can still speak up and out and so they do. I have no quarrel them. Thank you for your reply. Did I redeem myself in your eyes?
      November 16, 2019 6:51 AM MST

Not quite.
    Jim Baird, Paul Cook and Jack Bergman are all current GOP congressmen who served in Vietnam (Baird in the Army, the other two as Marines), Barry Loudermilk, Trent Kelly, Pete Olson, Andy Harris and Steven Palazzo all have Desert Storm credentials. I have more time for Dem Tammy Duckworth than I have for any of those clowns - but cowards they're not.
      November 16, 2019 7:02 AM MST

Have they spoken UP and OUT anti dementia don? I have never heard of any of them R. Not one time! I do hear jim jordan and devin nune and all their ilk all the time supporting dementia don. So if they guys are so great where are they and why are they NOT standing up and REBUKING dementia don daily? Seriously. Just because they served in the military is why you support them? I'm missing something here. What? Thanks.
      November 16, 2019 7:18 AM MST

I never said I supported any of them - did you notice I referred to them as "clowns"? But I wouldn't call them cowards.
    Fools, yes. Machiavellian, absolutely. But not poltroons.
      November 16, 2019 7:36 AM MST

Apologies. Okay. I got your drift. I call them political cowards R because that is what they are. Now as far as bravery on the battlefield I would never call them cowards. That is separate thing entirely and not what I am talking about. I get where you are coming from. Do you get where I am coming from? I'm gonna ask.
      November 16, 2019 7:38 AM MST