Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Not all humans want to wield power over others and control them. Is there some defect in those who do or those who don't?

Not all humans want to wield power over others and control them. Is there some defect in those who do or those who don't?

Posted - November 18, 2019

Responses

• Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Those statements will always be true. There's nothing wrong with using power, provided the holder of the power understands the difference between use and abuse. There will always be a need for leadership and decision making at all levels of human enterprise. I've held power. I've known people who have wielded power. I've had personal knowledge of persons who served time in prison for their misdeeds. I never desired the exercise of power and because I disdained power, I was regarded as some sort of deviant. Those who held that opinion usually were the ones that misused the authority entrusted to them.
      November 18, 2019 6:17 PM MST

I turned down promotions that involved my being a supervisor. Not my cuppa tea HG. Square peg meets round hole. I'm used to it. Sounds like you may be too. Oh well! Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      November 19, 2019 6:50 AM MST