Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » What is the last book you read?

What is the last book you read?

Posted - November 21, 2019

Responses

Hopefully ,I've still to read my last book ......I'm actually saving it for later.........much,much,much,much,much,much,much,much ,much,much,much ,LATER     :)D 
      November 21, 2019 6:49 PM MST

"A Serial Killer's Daughter" - - Kerri Rawson

(daughter of Dennis Rader, the "BTK Killer")

- a powerful read, she comes across as very honest in her sharing

Image result for a serial killer's daughter

November 21, 2019 8:40 PM MST

I watched her on film.  It always fascinates me to read about those who are innocent but lived with the Psychopath.  This guy was AMAZING in the compartmentalizing ability.  Way more in control than Ted Bundy.  Bundy could not control the impulse.  BTK was able to go for years without striking and he was a model church goer and president of his church.  That took  masterful skill as far as being a depraved liar/actor.  I think that is one of the chief things they get off on.  The ability to fool everyone.  SICK and Depraved, but I could not carry it off.  No way.  
      November 22, 2019 8:55 AM MST

No, I don't think you could carry it off.
    :)
    I could never carry something like that off, either, as you would be able to guess about me.
    :)

Your observation about Mr. Rader seems pretty accurate in relation to the book Kerri wrote. And Kerri never comes across as if she were writing the book for the sake of publicity or fame -- much more as if she wanted to share/write as part of her journeying process of healing; she simply is sharing; including sharing the conflicting feelings -- this is her father whom she loves. The book took me a long time to read -- no surprise to me, I had to stop very very often and put the book down because I got emotional.

I came away impressed with her honesty and understated quiet way of sharing.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 22, 2019 11:10 AM MST
      November 22, 2019 11:06 AM MST

• I only read answerMug posts.  I can hardly wait for the movie starring all of us.
      November 21, 2019 8:48 PM MST

We have some great writers on here.  Maybe someone will do it.  BOOKWORM, are you busy hon?  I vote for you and her to collaborate. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 22, 2019 11:07 AM MST
      November 22, 2019 8:56 AM MST

If you had time, you could write a book about...never mind.
      November 22, 2019 9:01 AM MST

her experiences rubbing down rich guys on the table!
      November 22, 2019 9:07 AM MST

Molecules of Emotion by Candice Pert.  It's an understandable version of recent developments in human biochemistry and medical research.  There's also alot of information about the body-mind connection, meditation, chakras, auras and such.  I'm trying to understand that part of it. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at November 22, 2019 8:58 AM MST
      November 21, 2019 8:49 PM MST

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  That is the ONLY part of that, that I DO understand.  
      November 22, 2019 8:58 AM MST

Vendetta by Iris Johansen
      November 22, 2019 8:46 AM MST

I cannot remember.  That's how long it's been.  I haven't had time to do that in at least the last 5 years.  I don't read any more.  And I used to be the most avid of readers.  No time.  I just watch the news now.   And work. And clean my house.  That is all I have time for.  Reading needs a relaxed state of mind and when I am reading now, I think of all the other things I should be doing and it is not enjoyable.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 22, 2019 11:09 AM MST
      November 22, 2019 8:49 AM MST

The Bible. :)
      November 22, 2019 9:01 AM MST

Since I am an award winning essay writer, I can attest to actually being paid for a short piece (essay contest) published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. ($50)  My wife and I were invited to the newspaper along with 9 other finalists. We dined (prime rib) and hung out with the newspaper staff. Although we were chosen from over 1000 entries, I have yet to receive any book deals. In other words, I read and write my own books. Hey, how about a story featuring everybody on Answermug?  Starring Sharonna, (the psycho Trump hater)  Randy D,( the sandwich and ~ lover). and even Pearl, (with the broken nn).  
      November 22, 2019 9:22 AM MST

"with the broken nn"

wonderful :)
      November 22, 2019 11:08 AM MST

I have lots of books and no more bookshelf space so I tend to recycle every few years or so. The book I've just finished (again) was Pierre Clostermann's 'The Big Show'. Anyone know it? No, I thought not. Next I may re-read 'Operation Mincemeat' by Ben MacIntyre. Anyone know it. No? I thought not.
      February 13, 2020 7:14 AM MST

• Most times on the rare occasions that I even have half a moment to read I find myself sinking my thoughts into Biblical scripture.  I truly love studying The Bible.  

Having said that, the last book I recall reading in its entirety was "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran.  Great stuff!  Simply beautiful.

Thank you, Jonny Goat for sending it my way.
      February 13, 2020 7:41 AM MST

Before you open your Bible by Matt Smethurst. 
      February 17, 2020 1:50 PM MST