Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » How dangerous are cows?

How dangerous are cows?

Posted - November 21, 2019

Responses

Dangerous!!

I cower any time I see one!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 22, 2019 5:57 PM MST
      November 21, 2019 8:30 PM MST

Depends on what you are doing; milking, moving etc.  I have seen guys killed by bull and an angry cow.  They are not sweet and cuddly.  We send between 2K and 3K head per year to market.  We laso have a number of Bulls standing as well as buy Sperm from ABS.

You have never lived until you have artificially insemminated a cow
      November 21, 2019 8:59 PM MST

My husband's family has a ranch and raises cattle.  It's in the southern part of the state.  He never lived on it.  His uncle is the full-time rancher.   I've never insemminated a cow but I did watch my husband and his cousin try to save a cow and calf out in the pasture when the calf just wouldn't get born.  They ended up tying a rope to the calf and pulling it with the truck.  It was already dead prior to that but they had to get it out of the mother.  The mother survived.  I was convinced then and there that that life wasn't for me.  My husband wanted to be a small-town physician and us live near the ranch but that didn't pan out.  He was disappointed but I was silently happy.  He never knew how much I didn't want to be a small-town doctor's wife.  Back then, that came with responsibilities of its own.
      November 21, 2019 10:37 PM MST

Thriftymaid understand not wanting to be in a small town.  I excaped successfully my cousins now own the ranch, I am only an investor/silent partner.  As I am older and on a second family, we are considering moving to a small town given the descending craziness of current times

Now at 16 I shattered a wrist trying and successfully turning a Quarter Horse foal so it was not breach.  I timed the contractions wrong.  The foal, mare, and me did well.
      November 22, 2019 8:20 AM MST

Inseminating cows is something I would want a hand in doing .........it's a good job I'm so short and that these type of jobs are out of reach for me.....
    On the udder hard ,I could stoop to be a Milk Maid I suppose....:) 
      November 22, 2019 3:07 AM MST

Nice jugs being short means you would be perfect in collecting the Semen, it is after all a Hand Job.  As far as the heifers go it would udderly possibly for you with modern equipment to inseminate same
      November 22, 2019 8:23 AM MST

They might kick if you put your cold hands on their tits.
      November 21, 2019 11:25 PM MST

They will cow kick anyway, so pick your position well.  Iwould worry about mastitus

Image result for mastitis in cows
      November 22, 2019 8:25 AM MST

Statistically, they are moderately dangerous. Cows and falling vending machines kill more people annually than sharks do.
      November 21, 2019 11:58 PM MST

Very.  Devin Nunes sued one.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 23, 2019 7:41 PM MST
      November 22, 2019 8:26 AM MST

Cows that get out can be a hazard. They like to lie down in the middle of the road and/or wander into traffic.
      November 22, 2019 5:59 PM MST