Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Vegetarians and vegans: what are some vegetables you don’t like to eat, do not eat, or would not ever eat? ~

Vegetarians and vegans: what are some vegetables you don’t like to eat, do not eat, or would not ever eat? ~

Posted - November 26, 2019

Responses

You are going to love this one.  I hate most vegetables. I really cannot stand them.  I would get rid of them entirely and eat steak everyday if it were not for the fact that VEGETABLES are good medicine and MEAT is not.  

So, I eat them.  My favorites are Tomato and potato.  The stuff we all grew up on.  I always left my salad till the end, growing up, and never ate the thing.  I remember the leaves wilting while they swam in wine-vinegar and olive oil.  (I always o.d.'d on the dressing)  

So, my hatred of vegetables, was not a deterrent.  I have NEVER understood those babies of the world who would sacrifice their health for their tastebuds which have been totally screwed up through years of eating junk.  So, I am guilty.  I hate vegetables.  Now, I don't let that stop me.  

I hate and loathe greens the worst.  And those things are the MOST HEALTHY vegetables on the planet for me.  I cannot get too much.  I cannot over do it.  The more I get down, the happier my body is.  So, I hate the taste, and I juice it all.  I juice spinach, kale, wheatgrass, microgreens, and it tastes VILE.  VILE.  So, I buffer it with pineapple, apples, and the green taste is pallatable and I have enough energy to go for hours and hours.  It's really life-changing.  Remember, I am 69.  Most people my age are full of health issues.  I am not.  And that is worth the price of 1,000 hamburgers.  

Did I answer this?  I am open to answer further.  I am loaded for bear today.  
      November 26, 2019 9:16 AM MST

• Greens are one of then only veggies I do like .  Tomatoes however are awful unless cooked into soup or sauce.
      November 26, 2019 5:46 PM MST

Tomatoes are AWFUL?  WHY?  They are the best.  And cooking them makes them useless.  

And greens are okay if they are lettuce or spinach.  But the real contenders, the ones with all the intense green?  ICK ugh and revolting.  It tastes to me like grass.  A mowed lawn.  But BOY does it feel amazing.  
      November 26, 2019 7:18 PM MST

• Fresh green beans taste like grass clippings to me.  I love kale and beet greens.  Any bitter green.

Tomatos raw are nasty and have the texture of snot.
      November 26, 2019 8:22 PM MST

(everyday every day)

So, my hatred of vegetables, was not a deterrent. (Delete the second comma.)
      November 26, 2019 9:28 PM MST

I want to be total vegetarian but don't know how to make sure I get enough protein.  I really dislike the taste of meat...now, after I gave it up for period of time.  I wasn't getting enough protein and my hair started to fall out.  I just can't stomach red meat anymore, it smells like the dead animal that it is, disgusting!  I will eat chicken and turkey just to make sure I get that protein. Even fish, which i used to love doesn't taste or smell good to me anymore.  
      November 26, 2019 11:50 AM MST

You get protein from vegetables.  Vegetables contain amino acids which form protein.  That is why gorillas and elephants are strong.  They only eat greens.  No meat. 

Eating protein is not the only way to get protein.  Nuts are protein.  So are grains.  They have a combo of carbs, oils and proteins.  So, you will never have to worry about giving up meat. That is the stuff that makes you sick.  It clogs up the intestines and causes disease from taking so long to digest.  By the time it is digested, hours have gone by, sometimes days and the stuff that comes out is rotten and smells.  That is why.  If you eat fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water, the stuff comes out in a few hours and hardly any smell at all.  

That should encourage you.   If you can see evidence, sometimes it helps one see why disease can start.  Rot can definitely do the job.  Cancer cannot live, for instance, on foods that contain chlorophyll like greens.  But rot?  Cancer thrives on sugar and it also  thrives on rot. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 26, 2019 8:38 PM MST
      November 26, 2019 8:30 PM MST

If a person declines meat then you need to find a reliable source for vitamin B12.
      November 26, 2019 8:38 PM MST

im not vegan; but i dont often eat meat.

I dont like mushrooms... thats pretty much the vegetable i dislike.

i also dont like at all eggplant. I find it gross.
      November 26, 2019 12:32 PM MST

Ok. I hear ya. I hate okra for the reason that you hate eggplant. It seems slimy to me.
    I love mushrooms, but they have to be in the right dish.  
      November 26, 2019 8:26 PM MST

LOL  Sorry, Randy. I forgot I did not write this question.  
      November 26, 2019 8:34 PM MST