Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If we had protective clothing/indestructible space ships and could visit every planet which would you want to experience first-hand FIRST?

If we had protective clothing/indestructible space ships and could visit every planet which would you want to experience first-hand FIRST?

Posted - November 29, 2019

Responses

The one that can support my survival without need of a spacesuit.

This is a thoughtful question, but looks around the fact of how completely inhospitable to life space and the other planets are, the staggering logistics concerns, and travel time measured in years, or decades. 

November 29, 2019 10:04 AM MST

details, details....tsk tsk  
      November 29, 2019 10:06 AM MST

The devil is in the details. 
      November 29, 2019 10:14 AM MST

YES.  Duly noted.
      November 29, 2019 10:17 AM MST

How many millions of universes are there out there DB? How do you know that life is completely inhospitable in all of them? If one were out there somewhere you couldn't get there without such a suit so you would never know of its existence. We don't even know what we don't know way out there. Anything is possible because of that. Theories we rely on are found wanting as we discover more information. So you didn't want to suspend disbelief to answer my question. You wanted to shoot it down before it even took flight. Why? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday. You say the question is thoughtful. How about giving me a thoughtful answer to it...where would you go if you could go anywhere in any universe? This post was edited by RosieG at November 30, 2019 1:25 AM MST
      November 30, 2019 1:24 AM MST

Any one with signs of life.  Otherwise I would stay home. 

They are just floating rocks that look like a rock surface in an airless vacuum. I got it. I got it.   It would be like trekking miles and miles of nothing going nowhere.   I am not interested in visiting up close and personal. 

I'd rather be in India in Puttaparthi where the path leads beyond the physical.  Space is not my domain.  Too big.  Too much space in between phenomena.  Too harsh.  Better on film.  I already saw 2001: A Space Oddity and Star Wars.  I'm good.  

I like metaphysical happenings; the rest just is one adventure to be exchanged with another.  This is all physical and, therefore, not really permanent or even very real.   Let Trump have Space Force. I am interested in the Space SOURCE.  GOD.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 30, 2019 1:25 AM MST
      November 29, 2019 10:08 AM MST

Thank you for your reply and the video Sharon. Happy Saturday! :)
      November 30, 2019 1:26 AM MST

I think it would be interesting to visit the depths of a star or a gas giant.

There are also those planets allegedly made mostly of precious (rare) metals or gems.
    Of course, if we could easily visit those planets, I guess the metals/gems wouldn't be nearly so "precious". lol
      November 29, 2019 11:24 AM MST

Thank you for answering the question I asked so thoughtfully Walt. Thank you for taking it seriously as it is intended. I'd like to visit a star too because I wonder if it sparkles internally? I LOVE sparkle. But inside a gas giant? I immediately thought of the smell of gas and I wonder if there would be any odor to it? Happy Saturday! :) There are planets possibly made of gems? Good golly miss molly they'd sparkle for sure! Imagine rubies and diamonds and emeralds and my favorite fire opals. But opals are not considered to be precious like other gems are they? Ever seen a fire opal? It takes my breath away.
      November 30, 2019 1:30 AM MST

Allegedly, scientists have "found" two planets ... one made mostly of gold, and one made mostly of diamonds.

I keep imaging there's a planet, somewhere, made of a radioactive element ... and what it's explosion would be.  lol
      December 2, 2019 7:36 AM MST

Are you toying with me Walt? That would be a sight to see! I'd like to visit both or better yet a third one made of fire opal! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      December 2, 2019 1:29 PM MST

Does it have to be limited to this solar system?  If so, Saturn.  If not, then ... the mind boggles with the choices.
      November 29, 2019 11:24 AM MST

Not at all Shuhak. I think I should have worded the question otherly. It could be a visit to any any object in the universe. Of course we know there are a bazillion galaxies so it would be mind-boggling. Walt said he'd like to visit a star and I'm thinking I'd like to do that too because I LOVE SPARKLE and I wonder if a star sparkles if you are on it or in it? They twinkle. I like twinkle. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 30, 2019 1:33 AM MST

Stars "twinkle" due to observation of them through earth's atmosphere.  However, since the photons from the center of stars can take thousands of years to make it to the surface, they may indeed sparkle.
      November 30, 2019 10:28 AM MST

Wow! I just got chills. Imagine living inside something that twinkled and sparkled 24/7? I wonder if it would be more difficult to survive inside a star than inside a satellite or a planet? Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      November 30, 2019 10:36 AM MST

Gravitational forces inside a star are exponentially stronger than inside a planet or other satellite.  that's why it can take thousands of years for a single photon of light to go from the center of a star to its surface.  Its fighting against gravity.  (Not only did it take 8 minutes for the light you see now to get from the sun to here (93 mil miles), some of that light is also thousands of years old.)
      November 30, 2019 11:25 AM MST

Forgive me Shuhak but how is that relevant to living inside one? I await your edifying explanation. Does the entire universe and billions of galaxies have to contend with gravity? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 30, 2019 11:29 AM MST

My answer was to your second sentence/question.

Everything has to contend with gravity.  Without gravity, nothing would exist as we know it.   

Picture billions of photons of light bouncing around inside a star trying to work their way out (with gravity constantly trying to snuff it out).  If you lived inside that star, what would that look like?  Steady light?  A disco ball?  
      November 30, 2019 11:34 AM MST